Cottingburn House
$143
$139
$39
Travelodge
Premier Inn Newcastle Gosforth/Cramlington Hotel(Newcastle upon Tyne)(Great Value!)
$78
$46
$40
Agoda.com
$75
$72
$74
  • Restaurant
All reviewstown centrescrambled egg with smokedfull english breakfastcomfy bedwonderful hostsprivate parkingbusy roadkippersveratimveeallotmentnorthumberlandtomatocerealwalks
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We have stayed in Cottingburn House twice. We are two foreign ladies from Barcelona who use to travel to the North of England so often. Thinking in spending a few weeks in Morpeth last August we decided to stay in Cottingburn House again booking our accommodation on Internet. As soon as we contacted the owners of the hotel to ask for advice, they did their best to help booking a double en-suite bedroom for us and sending to us a extra information by post. Tim and Vera, the owners, were waiting for us when we arrived from Newcastle airport and kindly attended us. The accommodation was excellent and the service very efficient. We were glad with our bedroom that was very warm and clean. The tea service was complete and the kettle and biscuits were always ready!
The breakfast was quite large, beautiful and well served... The hosts were always aware of everything and took care of all the details: fresh fruit (strawberries, pink and black currents, grapes and so on)... The breakfast was completed with toast, homemade jam, marmalade... and delicious scramble eggs! It was a large breakfast for foreign ladies not getting used to English Breakfasts!!!
However, what we really appreciated a lot it was the warming and friendly attention of the owners that made us feel as if we were at home.
We are thinking in coming again no longer...

Helena and Angela

P.S.: We would like to apologize if we commit some mistakes in English hoping you would understand.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I have stayed in this B&B twice - recently coming to see paffins on Farne Islands -excellent accommodation, friendly hosts who know Northumberland very well and are keen to advise and assist, fantastic breakfast complete with homemade jams and fresh fruit from their allotment. Will definitely come again for longer to explore beautiful Northumberland Good tip - the B&B has its own off street CCTV monitored car park and free wi-fi connection.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank OKbejan
Reviewed August 26, 2012

From the second we arrived to the moment we left we found the proprietors of the Cottingburn House professional and friendly. I could not recommend this guest house enough. Central, comfortable and clean, with home made jam and top quality food, Cottingburn House ticked all the boxes: a constant pleasure.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank 321malcolm
Reviewed July 28, 2012

A Scot from the Fair City of Perth - I stayed here while working at NCC offices in Ashington.
Hosts most accommodating in providing me with a packed lunch each day because I didn't want to wait for breakfast before setting off to work. I love the touch in providing robes for trips to and from the bathroom. Vee even gave me a lift to the Bus station on the morning I was heading back home. Morpeth, itself, is a lovely place and I only wish my stay was longer so I could have visited the surrounding areas. Maybe I'll be lucky and return to the area in the near future. Good luck to mine hosts - Monica x

Room Tip: Don't be put off by the wee single room, I loved it and had the toilet/shower room next door to myself most of the time.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Very good B&B with reasonable pricing and excellent food! Hosts are very helpful; they know a lot about the area and eager to meet any request. Had excellent break in the Northumberland, and will definitely come again!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo