“Hmmm! Has done Better-”

Rutherfords & Co Restaurant
Ranked #47 of 101 Restaurants in Morpeth
Cuisines: Cafe, British, European
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Waitstaff
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“Hmmm! Has done Better-”
Reviewed August 2, 2014

I frequently visit Morpeth and always pop into Rutherford's for the lovely items on sake - and normally a lovely lunch. However on a recent visit, I was disappointed to find their salad dishes were just that - a lot of lettuce & token topping. Hopefully this is a one off as all other visits have been fine. On a more mundane point, why oh why do they neglect the 'facilities' ....... Adequate but badly in need of upgrading.

• Visited July 2014

Inverurie, United Kingdom
“Terrible”
Reviewed June 6, 2014

We used Rutherford's for years. Not once did Colonel Peacock, the present owner speak to us. Of late, the service has been atrocious. I suffer from arthritis and find standing in one spot for very long, difficult.

As we stood in the disorderly queue, my wife asked if we could go to the uncleared table and explained my situation. A very high velocity, truculent reply came from a young girl, with exactly zero experience of anything. We decided there and then that we would no longer fund Colonel Peacock and his wonderful staff.

The food is awful anyway. It's been going back for a few years now. Do yourself a favour and walk up Newgate Street to Cafe Des Amis, (I have no investment in this). Real grub, smiles and great Americano coffee.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank DVAIDR
Durham, United Kingdom
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

We popped in for lunch on a recommendation. My cheese and pineapple Panini was OK but my wife's roast vegetable Panini was awful. The vegetables were not roasted but were soggy and appeared to be merely boiled. The vinaigrette dressing was a creamy concoction obviously from a jar. When we complained, the response was ‘I’ll tell them’ and that was the last we saw of her. When we were asked at the pay desk if everything was OK we said no and explained again and the reply was ‘I’m sorry about that; that’s £15.40 please’. For a poor quality lunch at a high quality price in a department store restaurant stuck in the fifties – this is the place.

• Visited July 2013
Sunderland, United Kingdom
“Disappointed”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

Popped into Rutherfords for something to eat. Came out still hungry. The portions were small, quiche with three tiny new potatoes and quiche with a tiny piece of crusty bread. My chocolate fudge dessert was half inch thick and the tea was insipid despite being house brand. As you get no receipt you just pay up. A substantial amount for so little. The store elsewhere was lovely for a browse around though and the staff were very pleasant and helpful.

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank maria b
Alnwick
“Cut above the rest”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Fab restaurant. We always pop in for lunch when in Morpeth. Comfortable restaurant with delicious food and a good cup of tea.

Visited March 2013