“Best fish and chips in the country”

Carlo's Fish and Chips
Ranked #24 of 105 Restaurants in Morpeth
Dining options: Late Night
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed September 16, 2013

My friend and I eat here whenever he comes to Morpeth to visit. We especially like being able to order a 'senior size portion' of haddock or cod. Andrew makes the best thin but crispy batter ever. The staff are always cheerful and the food is served quickly with a smile.
Can't recommend this restaurant more highly.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Lovely staff, helpful and polite, happy for my mum to have a children's meal as the senior one is too big for her. Haddock and chips was marvellous, crisp batter, perfectly cooked fish, and good sized chips. We live near the Bervie Chipper and the Bay in Stonehaven (both have won extensive awards and the Bay has been Scotland's number 1 for years after displacing Bervie from that spot), Carlo's is better than both.

Reviewed September 7, 2013

I buy fish and chips perhaps once a fortnight or so and Carlos is now my regular, after trying others in the town. Decent portions of chips - very nicely done, too. Lovely fish - cod or haddock. Excellent meal. Fishcakes are delicious. Not tried other items on the menu. You can eat in, if you prefer, though I've not tried that yet as I only live a short distance from them. Great staff, too - a nice bonus!

Andrew W, Owner at Carlo's Fish and Chips, responded to this reviewResponded September 22, 2013

Hi, thank you for your feedback! Its great to hear that you enjoy our food and service and we hope to see you soon. Thanks again - all the team at Carlo's.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Ate here with my two teenage boys and we really enjoyed it. Good price, piping hot and very tasty. We sat in downstairs for around .60p per person more than you would pay for a take away - great value.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I am in my mid 40's and I cannot remember a fish and chip shop as good as Carlos in Morpeth. It is an old fashioned chip shop. Do not expect pizzas or kebabs here. Consequently, as you approach it, the first thing you notice is the beautiful aroma of fish and chips. The haddock is fried to order, so do not expect a fast service. However, it is worth the wait. The batter is perfect. The cheese cakes are very tasty. Although the business is mainly take away, there are a few tables to eat indoors. Finally, the chips are fantastic. Carlos' has rekindled my love of the traditional British meal.

1  Thank David E