Cafe des Amis
Ranked #1 of 12 Coffee & Tea in Morpeth
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Coffee shop serving breakfast, lunches and snacks. Home cooked food, scrummy scones and heavenly cakes. All weather conservatory/garden. Dogs welcome
Reviewed July 7, 2013

We arrived in Morphet and made our way to this cafe to find it had disappeared. A helpful passerby showed us where they had relocated to. It was breakfast time and we got the last table in the outdoor eating area at the back. I had a lovely bacon and egg sandwich in delicious fresh bread and wished I could have fitted in one of their scones., I remember them from last year and they looked just as good as ever. The new premises is very well decorated and offers soup, sandwiches, cakes and scones throughout the day and breakfast until 11.00am. It set us up for our long journey home.

Reviewed June 19, 2013

This cafe is so perfect it's got lovely vintage decoration, lovely friendly staff, and a very nice little garden outside! (Just opened few weeks ago!). Me and my family eat here a lot and it never disappoints us! It's always clean and tidy and the food is always perfect! Everything is home made and all best quality food it does the best homemade soups and cakes in Morpeth! I would definitely recommend you try it you really will never go anywhere else!! There is a breakfast menu and a lunchtime one they both offer a great variation! They do the best make of coffee in Morpeth and the white and milk hot chocolates are out of this world! They do anything to accommodate your needs if you want something that's not even on menu if they have it they will do it. Visit

Reviewed June 2, 2013

I met some friends for lunch at the Cafe Des Amis, and very much enjoyed it. The place was very clean and tidy, with french style decor and a lovely atmosphere. The food (chicken and mango s/w) was a great portion for one and delicious to consume.I just wish i had room for some of the lovely cake afterwards!!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

I visit this cafe regularly and always get a warm welcome from the friendly staff. Every time I go there is something different and delicious to try.I would recommend the sultana and lemon scones. The bacon sandwiches are not to be missed. The coffee is pretty good too.The decor is fab! It is worth giving it a try.

Reviewed March 22, 2013

My wife and I have been to this cafe a number of times recently, and it is now our firm favourite in Morpeth. Its slightly " Out On A Limb " when shopping in Morpeth as we do most of our shopping in and around the Sanderson Arcade, but its well worth the walk. Its always warm and welcoming, and the coffee with cream is a favourite of mine, with the special Oriental Green Tea being my Wife's favourite. There is a good comprehensive menu offering the usual lunch time favourites, from fresh sandwiches to Soup of the day and Quiche etc etc, but we often plumb for the Carrot cake which is simply divine. The Staff are friendly, the service is prompt, and the cost is marginally below that of other similar cafes in Morpeth.