“Grteat kids day out”

Whitehouse Farm Centre
Ranked #3 of 29 things to do in Morpeth
More attraction details
Owner description: The visitor centre is extensive, housing a wide variety of animals from traditional farm breeds to small animals, pets and exotic species. There is something for all, Meet the Meerkats, have a Hoot with the Owls and be Mesmerised by the Marmosets and much much more!! There's even a chance for Farmtasticfun for the kids to play and explore! Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest!!
Useful Information: Food available for purchase
Morpeth, United Kingdom
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Grteat kids day out”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Went with grandson then fourteen months old. Lots of interactive things to do, have meercats horses sheep goats reptilkes etc etc. Kids can pet the animals, and feed them The meercats were great fun.Falconry displays and tractor rides. They have a cafe there but would recomend taking picnic.Lots of ride on toys available too.

Visited June 2012

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Great day out :)”
Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

We love Whitehouse farm- although it is a bit more expensive than others we have been to, we feel this is ok as the standards of cleanliness and animal welfare are higher. The hands on bits are great-especially feeding the meerkats and holding the lizards and snake at the mini beastie show! Some farms we have been to have had poor hand washing facilities with cold water and no soap or hand sanitiser- at Whitehouse the water is hot and the dispensers are all full :) The animals are all very friendly and so are the staff :)

1 Thank MrsSteva250812
Yorkshire
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Great day out for all ages”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

We struggled a bit to find this place but it was well worth it! We were 4 animal loving adults and we thought it was a great day out.
We loved that not only the children got to hold the baby rabbits!! Older people love to cuddle animals too and it was wonderful not to be left out!

The Meerkat talk was very interesting and we actually got to stroke a Meerkat, that was the highlight of our day!! They are so cute and such little characters.

The Staff were very enthusiastic and friendly which makes such a big difference to this kind of day out in my experience.

They seem to have thought of everything in the set up:
There are play areas for the children which are included in the price and even the extra things that need paying for were a very reasonable price.
We liked that they had a covered barn where people can sit at picnic tables and eat their own food, what a lovely idea and one that I have never seen in other ventures of this kind. This shows a great deal of foresight and means that you can have a great day on a small budget.
The price of entry was very reasonable too ( we have been to these kinds of places all over the country and they charge 2 or even 3 times the price!).
The cafe was large and airy and had a good range of food including some veggie options ( next time we will eat in rather than take a picnic)
They have facilities to host birthday parties for children which I think is a great idea and one I would have loved as a kid!
There are a lot of handwashing facilities all over, which is very commendable.
All in all a wonderful day out and we look forward to going again next year when we return to Northumberland.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Karen J
Durham, United Kingdom
41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 65 helpful votes
“Aging”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

First time visiting here today and while some parts i really enjoyed, others i was disappointed with. I have been to a few other similar farms, my favourite being Adventure Valley, Brasside, Durham. This one has been open a while longer than the ones i have been to and it shows. I think the worst thing was the go karts. Seats were falling off, most broken in some way or other. And my young son struggled to fit on one. Having been on these other farms and seeing their go kart facilities it was a big let down. (Saying this my son enjoyed everything he is a typical boy). There was a big pile of go karts opposite the track that all looked broken-i think the others should join them. The soft play was a bit small but the kids really enjoyed it and there werent many people in there anyway so almost had the place to ourselves. I think it is good that it isn't in with the dining area as my son would just want to be on the play equipment and not eat his dinner. The favourite part of the day was the beastie show and the indoor animals. The man doing the show was very informative and let everyone hold what they wanted, we found it very interesting. All of the other animals had big enclosures and looked happy and healthy so that was a plus. The indoor picnic barn was great too with plenty highchairs. The food on sale looked good. Paid 7.99 adult, 6.99 kid 2+ under 2 free. I think there should be a reduced price for going during term time as there are less events on, i know a lot of other places reduce price for this reason. All in all i doubt i would be rushing back- p.s. you need some bouncing pillows!!!

Visited September 2012
whitley bay
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“'Farmtastic Family Fun was had by all'”
Reviewed August 31, 2012

I have been visiting this farm with my children and now take my grandchildren for nearly 13 years, and I must say you will struggle to find anywhere like it for value for money, range of activities and friendliness of staff in the north of England, I am both shocked and stunned to read some of the negative comments left by people following there visits.
On our recent visit we arrived for opening at 10 and chose to follow the itinerary of activities on offer, which is more than enough to keep you and your little ones entertained, we groomed a goat, bathed a pig, watched the magic show, and got shot by the magicians water gun on several occasions to the delight of my grandson, watched in amazement at the bird of prey display, found the tiny piglets antics hilarious, had an close encounter with a emu, and fell in love with a baby meercat,
Throughout the day we fed all kinds of animals which I must say all look happy and well looked after, we also visited the large barn to pet some of the smaller animals all the staff were friendly and enthusiastic, I felt like nothing was too much trouble to ask, my grandson loved holding the rabbits but his favourite was the large grey rat, all the animals looked very happy and content, and in my experience with animals, ones that are not happy, do not look and behave like these ones did, during the reptile and insect talk he had, a giant black beetle crawling up his arm, a snake round his neck and a Tarantula on his head.
I feel the hands on experience with the animals my children have enjoyed at the farm is quite unique,
I would highly recommend a visit to The Whitehouse Farm to all, you won't be disappointed. you'll be back again and again as we are.

Visited August 2012