“My wife and I were interested in try this new venue”
Review of Saameer

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 26, 2012

I have read prev 3 reviews which I would agree with them all. Bearing in mind we were there when this place opened and the weather was awful and roads covered in snow. The restaurant had a few problems when it first opened ie, no signs on side door which was used as main entrance, main door was locked, a sloped ramp was in place which had no salt covering and was very dangerous, no hand rails to help people. While we were waiting we suggested to the staff to go to coop and get some grit for ramp which they did do. Yes there was long waiting times for takeaways not enough staff to cover tel calls was alittle chaotic at times. The food was worth the wait however part of our meal was missing not a good start. We went the following week and things had improved. The good part now, the manager and front line staff are very helpful most polite the food has got bigger portions now and some specials on the menu at different times. This place is now hoping to expand which includes a bar. The biggest reason we have choosen to use this place every week now is simple, have you ever tried looking at the web site called scores on the doors? you may get a shock how poor and lack of hygene is in our local food shops and takeaways. The Saameer is new and is spotless and the staff are most helpfull and eager to please. We have not tried the restaurant as yet but will soon.
many thanks to manager & staff for a most welcomed visit, well done
ps A pleasure to go to Saameer now

1  Thank arch0496a5lk

Reviewed April 24, 2012

We have visited the Saameer on several occasions since it has opened and we have yet to be disappointed.
The food has been fantastic every time. I can highly recommend the Kathi Kebab for a starter. The onion Bhaji's are out of this world also.
My wife swears by the Biryani and I love Lamb Bash.
Looking forward to the Bar opening in the near future.
All in all the food is fantastic.
The service is great, the staff take their time to talk to you, When they first opened it was really hectic and waiting time was lengthy, but there were always apologies for this and it was expected.

1  Thank Ian L
Reviewed March 18, 2012

went to saameer on friday night,the atmosphare in the restaurent was great.The waiter took time to talk to us and discussed the menu with us.The tandoor dishes were wonderful,but the food and drinks was very over priced.However the service from the moment we arrived was exceptional and the food extremely good.

Reviewed March 6, 2012

Visited Saameer a few days after it opened in Widdrington Station. Firstly, the main entrance wasn't useable so we were directed through a side door. We seated ourselves as the waitress seemed to be too busy with take out orders. We then waited for around 20 minutes before we were even asked if we wanted a drink. I asked for a vodka and coke, the waitress then advised us that in fact they only had lager on tap, wine or lemonade! That was it!! Being that there's a Co-op almost next door that sells numerous spirits and soft drinks, I found this unbelievable! I ordered onion bhajis to start and chicken tikka masala for main and I have to say that the food was nice, wasn't disappointed with that, however we did have to wait quite a while for it to come out and being that there was no-one else in the restaurant, I found this quite surprising! Although, the delivery driver was kicking up quite a stink with one of the waiters in the middle of the restaurant, so that may have been a reason for the delay! Professional? I think not! The prices for an Indian restaurant seemed to be pretty steep, I certainly wouldn't pay over £10 for a main dish and rice to take out, which is about the average price you will have to pay just for a main.

All in all, the food was nice but the service was absolutely awful, drinks were pretty much non existent and it was very pricey. Would def not recommend a visit I'm afraid!