“An Exceptional Meal”

Widdrington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An Exceptional Meal”
Reviewed April 24, 2012

We have visited the Saameer on several occasions since it has opened and we have yet to be disappointed.
The food has been fantastic every time. I can highly recommend the Kathi Kebab for a starter. The onion Bhaji's are out of this world also.
My wife swears by the Biryani and I love Lamb Bash.
Looking forward to the Bar opening in the near future.
All in all the food is fantastic.
The service is great, the staff take their time to talk to you, When they first opened it was really hectic and waiting time was lengthy, but there were always apologies for this and it was expected.

• Visited April 2012
1 Thank Ian L

Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
“"good food,excellent service"”
Reviewed March 18, 2012

went to saameer on friday night,the atmosphare in the restaurent was great.The waiter took time to talk to us and discussed the menu with us.The tandoor dishes were wonderful,but the food and drinks was very over priced.However the service from the moment we arrived was exceptional and the food extremely good.

• Visited March 2012
Morpeth, United Kingdom
“Service awful, food ok.”
Reviewed March 6, 2012

Visited Saameer a few days after it opened in Widdrington Station. Firstly, the main entrance wasn't useable so we were directed through a side door. We seated ourselves as the waitress seemed to be too busy with take out orders. We then waited for around 20 minutes before we were even asked if we wanted a drink. I asked for a vodka and coke, the waitress then advised us that in fact they only had lager on tap, wine or lemonade! That was it!! Being that there's a Co-op almost next door that sells numerous spirits and soft drinks, I found this unbelievable! I ordered onion bhajis to start and chicken tikka masala for main and I have to say that the food was nice, wasn't disappointed with that, however we did have to wait quite a while for it to come out and being that there was no-one else in the restaurant, I found this quite surprising! Although, the delivery driver was kicking up quite a stink with one of the waiters in the middle of the restaurant, so that may have been a reason for the delay! Professional? I think not! The prices for an Indian restaurant seemed to be pretty steep, I certainly wouldn't pay over £10 for a main dish and rice to take out, which is about the average price you will have to pay just for a main.

All in all, the food was nice but the service was absolutely awful, drinks were pretty much non existent and it was very pricey. Would def not recommend a visit I'm afraid!