“Nice food but atmosphere was a let down”

The Junction Sports Bar and Grill
Ranked #30 of 105 Restaurants in Morpeth
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Junction Restaurant & Sidings Bar is no ordinary eatery. Don't be fooled by its location as inside lies a very special, unique experience for food lovers. Offering a combination of two different food environments the ethos is the same throughout, the finest locally sourced ingredients prepared fresh for our dinners enjoyment.
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Went here on Sunday on a bank holiday weekend, we were advised to book by reviews on this site... I needn't have bothered. A restaurant in a strange place, it didn't have a restaurant feel, more an upmarket cafe. The food was nice but nothing to get over excited about as many have on these reviews. Not sure how this is number 3 of 50 in Morpeth, would not go out of my way to go back

3  Thank hootie1233
Andy C, Owner at The Junction Sports Bar and Grill, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2013

Hi Thank you for your review, I am disappointed that you did not enjoy your visit to The Junction more. We are constantly trying to improve our restaurant to give each customer as good an experience as possible therefore your comments have been taken on board.

Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Me and my fiancé visited on a tue lunchtime the resteraunt was quite but the food was absolutely lovely we both had the belly pork dish. The guy serving was nice and friendly. We will definatly go back

Reviewed May 12, 2013

We booked a meal here on our wedding day with our parents and son on the strength of the great reviews and were not disappointed. On arriving in Widdrington, we took a wrong turn and spotted the manager outside the restaurant waving us to the car park. However, it is not difficult to find. We were given a very friendly welcome and shown to our seats. The manager congratulated us on our wedding and seemed genuinely interested and pleased that it had gone well. I asked for my toddler's meal to be prepared straight away and this was not a problem. The meal came out quickly, allowing us to order our own meals without the added pressure of distracting a hungry toddler. All of the main course options sounded lovely and I could have chosen more than one. However, I am so glad I chose the beef. It was really one of the nicest main courses I've had in a long time. My husband had the duck and also felt it was a great choice. All of the food was very well presented and delicious. Our parents were impressed with their meals too. My mother's dessert did not arrive at the same time as ours but the manager quickly spotted this and hurried it along. I realised I had left my son's wipes in the car but the manager appeared within seconds with some wipes for us to use. He also looked up directions for us to our hotel and provided a map for us to follow, which was a great help. The service, food quality and friendliness at The Junction were all of the highest quality. I would have no hesitation in recommending it to anyone. The staff are great!

1  Thank MrsM0905
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Having picked this restaurant from an advert in "Living North" I expected it to be good. I was not disappointed! Although there was only one other couple in when we arrived there was still a good atmosphere. The dining area is contemporary, in contrast to the outside appearance, (so don't be put off!) The service was very friendly, the menu choice is vast and eclectic. We chose the catch of the day, the fish was excellent, the batter was very light and crispy, and the accompanying tartare sauce was extremely tasty! We were advised that the Steak Nights we're a speciality and the Sunday Lunch is not to be missed, my friend and I will definetly return again!

Reviewed May 7, 2013

We visited in a group for lunch. The owner and chef were on hand, and very friendly and helpful. Nothing was too much trouble, and we all enjoyed a super lunch. Large menu from snacks to great meals. And a specials board. Thank you to all. some lovely new tables and chairs outside in the sunshine too.
A bonus is free wifi too. We will no doubt be back.