“Absolutely excellent!”

The Junction Restaurant
Ranked #33 of 103 Restaurants in Morpeth
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Junction Restaurant & Sidings Bar is no ordinary eatery. Don't be fooled by its location as inside lies a very special, unique experience for food lovers. Offering a combination of two different food environments the ethos is the same throughout, the finest locally sourced ingredients prepared fresh for our dinners enjoyment.
Reviewed October 31, 2012

After reading the rave reviews on tripadvisor, my partner and I decided to try it our for ourselves. We both ordered Sirloin Steak with peppercorn sauce, with came with homemade chips (they were more like wedges, but still were excellent) and steamed vegetables. One steak was ordered as Rare, and the other as Medium-Well Done. Both were cooked perfectly. The peppercorn sauce is the best I have ever tasted and I have eaten in steak restaurants all over the world!

For a dessert, we shared a White Chocolate and Raspberry Cheesecake, which was served with ice cream. It was, following the trend, absolutely exquisite.

For the price we paid, and the excellent service of the staff, I feel that this restaurant certainly needs to be visited by those who might be a tad skeptical of it due to its location. Do not be deterred - it really did prove to be special for us.

1  Thank Matthew B

Reviewed October 28, 2012

We were staying at longhirst and wondered what restaurants were nearby. So found the Junction restaurant via trip advisor and decided to give it a go and were pleased we did. I called in on the lunchtime to have a look at the menu and book a table. The Manager was very welcoming and clearly a good host.
On arrival, there was a good buzz about the place, there were plenty of people dining, and a few people around the bar. We were seated at a nice table beside the window and had a very nice evening indeed. The food was of high quality and tasted wonderful and was served promptly. The menu is very fairly priced and the choice comprehensive and I think even the fussiest of eaters could find something to suit their tastes. We enjoyed this so much that next time we visit the area we'll definately go again and probably take friends too.
Thanks so much to the manager who was a great host and made us very welcome, it makes so much of change to have a break away from the large over priced over marketed brands we all get so very used to.

Reviewed October 27, 2012

We were searching for a nice place nearby that served English type food and got attracted by the good reviews. I definitely think it merits the ratings on this site. The burgers taste fresh and are full of flavour and the chips on the side were the best home made ones i've ever had. The staff are really friendly and are prompt without rushing you or being obtrusive.
Hopfully we will be coming back again!

Reviewed October 8, 2012

I had Sunday lunch there with my husband and neighbours. The food was beautifully presented and just the right portion size if you were planning on having more than one course. The crumble for desert was delicious. The staff were very friendly and were not in a rush to get you out. My only sugestion would be to change the menu slightly for people who do not like cheese as a lot ofthe dishes contained this.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I came here after being turned away from the widdrington inn, as it was to full, and I am so darn glad it was!! Instead my family and I decided to try this place out, the food was reasonably for all Being hand made and all fresh produce, the burger I had was hand made and was almost the size of my fist, ver fresh and juicy. The quality of the food everyone else had was second to non. The staff were brilliant the service was personal and all the staff were smiley, which is great.

It's is a wonderful family run business, I can't wait till Christmas Day!!!!! Thank you guys

Also, the pudding!!! My goodness... THE PUDDING 8-D