“nice time”

Ranked #4 of 29 things to do in Morpeth
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed November 5, 2013

2nd visit here and well worth it my daughter loves it here, plenty information boards to tell you of the animals, and they all seem to love the popcorn that you can feed them with, a nice pleasent 2 or 3hrs out, and not to expensive

1  Thank ian c

Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

We love going here as we are quite local, its not expensive and there is a few different animals i. e. a fox and raccoon, the animals look well looked after. There as a halloween pumpkin hunt on when we went and our 6 year old really enjoyed it as it wasn't to easy, the cafe food is delicious and you can get the delicious jerky on the way out. Well worth a visit.

1  Thank damascus79
Reviewed October 27, 2013 via mobile

We are regular visitors and everytime we visit we see an improvement to an enclosure. The staff are all lovely and will spend an age telling you the story behind each animal

1  Thank JohnP09Newcastle
Reviewed September 7, 2013

We have visited this farm today and Im completely stunned by the bad reviews on here!

I must start by saying I am a huge animal lover and would not accept any form of bad conditions or neglect.

This was my 4th or 5th visit to the farm starting from a chance find last year. On each visit me and my family have found the staff and owners very friendly, they actually add to the good experience. They all care deeply for the animal, which are part of their lives.

The animals are very well looked after, they are fed at set times, as you would with your own pets at home, over weight animals are not happy animal!!! When you walk to the enclosures the animals do come up to greet you for the popcorn (healthy snacks, no salt or sugar), its a treat for them and me and my kids love it. My twin are now 2 and they hand feed the animals as they are so gentle.

The café is lovely, good local authentic food and certainly not dirty. We eat there every time. Theres also a little park for the kids, with a few push a long rides, just enough.

As for the female fox, she is beautiful and looks happy to me in her home. The racoon has a big enclosure, a secure one for night time with an opening into an outside one.

Over all this farm is a pleasure to visit and I will continue to do so. Fabulous place to teach your kids about animals and for them to get up close and personal with them.
I cant rate it highly enough.

1  Thank sharon j
Reviewed August 30, 2013

what can I say apart from call the RSPCA. They charged us £4.50 per adult to get in when in fact they should have paid us. There wasn't many animals there and the animals that were there all looked depressed and neglected. The place is dirty, the animals didn't seem to be well kept. They ask if you want to buy a bag of food to feed the animals when infact it was just a bag of popcorn which I don't think is good for the animals. The café was filthy and the staff were miserable. All in all a very disappointing place and would not recommend anyone to waste their time or money, I'm not alone as other people were complaining and telling new visitors about how bad it is.......