“Convenient coffee stop”

Heighley Gate Garden Centre Restaurant
Ranked #74 of 105 Restaurants in Morpeth
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Restaurant attached to the Garden Centre.
Reviewed October 17, 2013

We stop here for coffee when travelling south. The cafe near the front door is not well signposted and we end up trekking to the restaurant. Had coffee and cheese scones watching the birds feeding. The scones had a good texture but could have contained more cheese. I think I'm turning into Mary Berry.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

You could quite easily spend the day at Heighley Gate Garden Centre as there is so much to see.
Besides an excellent selection of Plants& Shrubs at affordable prices (Join the Garden Club and get additional offers) there are also Green Grocers, Rothbury Butchers, Farm shop, Cotton Traders and many more areas to view.

When you have exhausted yourself walking around you can take a Break in Café or the Restaurant which are in separate areas. The Restaurant seemed expensive for what you get, example a Baguette was £5.39

The outdoor children's play area activities have been taken down (might be for the winter?) however the area still has stunning views on a nice day.

This time of year the Garden Centre is setting up the Christmas Exhibition areas, already a good selection of Goodies.

Overall good value for money in the Garden centre and one of the Best in the North east

3  Thank Graham H
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We usually call in at Heighley Gate when on holiday in the area as even in late September they have an excellent range of plants. As we were on our way home late on a Friday afternoon we had a snack in the coffee shop (the one at the far end of the second gift shop, not the one in the main building where you enter the site). It doesn't have any atmosphere and the 'decor', if you can call it that, is dingy, but the leather bucket chairs on the back wall were comfortable, the place was clean, the staff were friendly and I really enjoyed the large slice of coffee and walnut cake I chose. What moved me to post a review was the latte, which was excellent. I think it was around £2.35 for a large, but it was the biggest latte I've had and had plenty of coffee in it, which in my experience is unusual for a latte as normally they only taste of hot milk. Probably not worth going just for a coffee but if you're there anyway and like milky coffee, I can recommend!

2  Thank debsterreviews
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Main restaurant has soft play which is great for young kids! Costs £1.50 for 2 hours. Also fish feeding at aquatics bit means it's somewhere family friendly on a rainy day,

Reviewed September 21, 2013

We had a pleasant lunch in the restaurant. The staff were friendly and helpful and the food was very acceptable, well prepared and presented.The menu range was good with varieties of both hot and cold lunch dishes.