“'Major Improvement Necessary' - Food Standards Agency”
Review of Manzil Tandoori

Manzil Tandoori
Ranked #22 of 104 Restaurants in Morpeth
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our aim is to provide highest quality of food and service to all our customers. All the dishes are prepared freshly everyday. Food is a gift of god and to eat is a divine necessity. To avoid disappointment please book your table in advance.
Reviewed November 30, 2012 via mobile

Earlier this week I visited Manzil Tandoori Restaurant with friends who live locally.

I thought it strange that, unlike almost all other restaurants in Morpeth, this restaurant did not display it's Food Standard Agency's 'Food Hygiene Rating' but put my doubts to one side. I now wish I hadn't!

Since our visit I have been laid up with a gippy tummy. Three days after dining at the restaurant, and still unable to eat properly, I found their Hygiene Rating: 1 out of 5.
See: http://ratings.food.gov.uk/business/en-GB/287961

That's appalling! 'Major Improvement' is definitely necessary if my visit is anything to go by.

I wouldn't visit again. The £53 we paid for a party of three was very poorly spent!

4  Thank mahonyweb

Reviewed November 19, 2012

Living in Morpeth we have visited this restaurant several times and like the title indicates it can be excellent but other times pretty darn poor. last Visit was Aug-12 with several friends, I asked for 10 minutes between each meal as I normally request, however both mine and my brothers main courses were cold, I don't mean tepid I mean real stone cold. When I explained this to the chap he just had a look of dismay that anyone should complain. The food itself was good, but little things like this do knock the edge off.
Brilliant views down the main street, best time to go is near Christmas as you get a good view of the lights, when booking ask for a window table.

Reviewed November 10, 2012 via mobile

Never tasted such hideous food. The staff are sleazy looking and my daughter felt very uncomfortable.as the waiter stared.at her.. never going back.

3  Thank withyou7
Reviewed November 5, 2012

We visit Morpeth once a year and never miss a meal at Manzils!
Superb menu, service and cuisine; we haven't found another Indian restaurant that comes close.
The restaurant building also adds to the experience - a lovely room with great views along Morpeth's main street from huge windows.
Great food and great value.

Reviewed October 20, 2012 via mobile

Came last sat night for friends birthday meal. Having not visited this restaurant for a few years i wasnt sure what to expect. I was suprised to see the place full with people queing when i arrived. We had pre booked our table. Staff friendly and food of high standard and very big portions. Well worth a visit if you fancy a curry!