“Amazing”

Ranked #11 of 103 Restaurants in Morpeth
Cuisines: Thai
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings
Reviewed December 10, 2013 via mobile

Brilliant, my husband and I come here every other Saturday lunch. Our waitress (blonde young lady) is very friendly and always helps with advice on what to try. I recently had the yellow curry, and my husband, the panang. Although these aren't on the regular lunch menu, we don't mind paying a few pounds more when the taste is amazing.
I have read a few other reviews before writing this, and to the person who complained about the waitress sitting you down, I would expect to be seated by staff in any restaurant, rather than choose my own seat. My own opinion that is however.
I love the food, the decor, the staff, just not the stairs!

Reviewed December 7, 2013

We were welcomed here by the waitress telling us which part of the restasurant she wanted us to sit in, and then telling us to sit at the table where she wanted us to sit at. NO. Sorry, but I will choose, as I am paying. The last time I was here, the food was not as good as usual, so I was going to give it another chance. Not now.
We went to Shambles instead, and had an escellent meal, sitting at a table of our choice.

8  Thank trepe
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Despite living nearby we had been totally unaware of this restaurant until it was recommended to me by two members of my reading group. The main reason for this is that, despite its being in one of the town's main streets, it is upstairs so we had never noticed it.

Anyway, on a research mission with a view to booking it for said reading group's Christmas do - husband and I visited.

What a delight. We used to eat Thai regularly before we moved here 5 years ago but had not found a venue since our move.

The food was excellent in our experience of Thai restaurants, super choice especially in its division of vegetarian and choices of other meats for a range of sauces. Serivce was friendly and good.

I have bookded itfor our Christmas do and will definitely make regular visits with the other half. Really reasonable prices.,

1  Thank Sandra H
Reviewed November 2, 2013

This was our first visit to Nadon in Morpeth. It's a small, informal restaurant with around 36 covers in two rooms. Decor not remarkable, but appears clean and tidy. Table booked earlier in the day with no problem but was pleased I made the call as people arriving with no booking we're turned away during the evening as it became busier. A warm welcome was received and we were shown straight to table. Service was attentive and smooth throughout the evening with all the ladies waiting on being friendly and warm with lovely smiles - this makes such a difference. Chose the set menu at 17.50 a head. Nice mixed selection platter to start, followed by a beef red curry and a chicken cashew accompanied with vegetable dish. Not too spicy but there are hotter options on the menu if you want them. More than enough food for two people and when accompanied with a nice bottle of white wine (organic), made for a lovely evening. As the restaurant became busier the atmosphere improved with warm local chatter and a mixed selection of Thai and English background music. Informal night with interesting food and excellent service. We'll done and thank you.

Reviewed October 30, 2013

Been to this restaurant a few times and its always been excellent. The restaurant service has also been excellent and the food is great. I would recommend the pad thai.