“Very disappointed...”

The Country Barn
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 24, 2016 via mobile

I have visited the Country Barn for about 8 years and used both the food and coffee shop without any issues, so I was very disappointed following my first visit under new management - Tomlinson's. I was rather rudely ignored whilst standing at the till waiting to pay for some shopping, to make matters worse when the lady came over to the till she started talking to the gentleman waiting behind me and after chatting with him for some minutes she then proceeded to serve him without even acknowledging me. I was so shocked at being completely ignored (on Christmas Eve too) that I put my shopping back and left the store without making a purchase and doubt very much I will be back. Poor show for a new local business who need to be attracting custom and not driving it away.

Reviewed December 14, 2016 via mobile

Visited for lunch. A party of four and we all had different. Firstly, I had a burger which was nice and the chips were great. Mother had lamb sandwich with mint sauce, roast potatoes and salad. The roast potatoes were raw in the middle. The sandwich was nice. The other two had ciabattas. One had bree and bacon with cranberry, the other had humous with roasted veg. The roasted veg was not even al dente, it was raw and both ciabattas were tough going and hurt their mouths and gums. Nice cappuccino and lattes though. All in all, a mixed bag.

1  Thank Wouldieathere
Reviewed November 13, 2016

We visited today for Sunday lunch and were greeted by friendly staff. My son and I had the Sunday lunch which was fantastic!! An ample portion with a great range of fresh cooked vegetables. Will definitely return for another visit!

4  Thank Julie xx 1
Reviewed November 12, 2016 via mobile

We visited on Friday afternoon and were greeted by a lovely young lady and ordered cheese scones and hot chocolate, we were asked if we would like the scones warmed through and of course we said yes. 2 people in our group have fish and chips. We didn't wait long for our order to come which was great as I had a toddler with us. A lovely lady took my little boy away to get some crayons and a colouring book which kept him entertained for a while. The food came out and everything looked lovely. Scones were lovely and warm and the butter just melted on the scone, and the fish and chips looked amazing. Well worth the visit will be back soon. Great job to the new management

2  Thank Amy L
Reviewed November 6, 2016

Went here this morning for a breakfast. When we went in we were greeted warmly and it was explained to us that that it was under new management and they were finding their feet as it had been a very quick changeover that week. We had 3 mega breakfasts which were absolutely fine with coffee and teas. No problems whatsoever and the young lad serving the food was very pleasant and friendly. A friendly goodbye and enjoy your day from the manageress when we left as well. A great local spot to visit I am sure that they will soon have the place the way they want it to be.

2  Thank Johnlobster