“Coming to an end.”

The Country Barn
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 21, 2016

We've been coming here for many years mainly to buy our meat but also to stop and have a coffee. When we first started the whole place was absolutely buzzing both in the shop and the cafe. However over the last couple of years things have started to decline - not the standard of the butchery department but certainly the rest of the shop and the cafe. Sadly we now see that the premises is advertised to let. There is a notice saying that business has declined due to the popularity of Lidl and Aldi - sorry but I don't agree that this is the real reason, other farm shops are busier than ever but they're also better organised. A great shame for what used to be a great place, so sorry for the lovely long serving staff, especially Tom the butcher who has delivered a service second to none. We can only hope that someone else sees the potential and builds it back up again.

2  Thank tugiatthecoast

Reviewed September 8, 2016 via mobile

This is the place to go for a great meal and absolutely stunning views of the North East coast. The meals here really are very good as are the staff. Highly recommended.

Reviewed September 1, 2016

A delightful coffee shop, restaurant with a well stocked farm shop which provided us with just the place to stop for an afternoon cup of coffee. There was a wide selection of food to choose from however the homemade flapjack did it for me! sitting looking over farm to Druridge Bay. Would recommend and visit again

Reviewed August 30, 2016

Called in her with a large group on a cycle ride. We were served very swiftly and politely. Cakes were good value and scrummy.

Reviewed August 30, 2016

We visited the shop with our friends. There is a decent stock of good's, the home made pie's are very nice. We decided to visit the coffee shop, for a drink, the tea wasn't very good. We booked a table for Sunday lunch, that was a disappointment for me. My meat was quite dry and my vegetables had no taste and crisp, probably caused from being kept warm. Our friends and my husband enjoyed their meal. From ordering our meal to when it was put on the table was approximately a twenty minutes wait. The plates were very hot. I will call in for coffee and cake but I won't have another meal there.