“poor service”

The Country Barn
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 30, 2013

bank holiday Monday ( last one til Christmas) arrived 3 45 pm to be told they shut at 4pm, but we could have a cup of tea, tho no food. That was fine except the minute we got our tea we were told by the same person to drink up ! not good customer service. They should have put a cover on the outside sign to say they were closed, instead they turned away several more customers. Last time we stop there.

2  Thank geordiegirl24
CountryB, Owner at The Country Barn, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Thank you so much for taking time to write a comment regarding your recent visit to The Country Barn Ltd. It was actually myself that served you.

I cannot confirm whether it was yourself I spoke to when you came in or another of your party of 4, but I did clearly advise I was still more than happy to serve you with drinks or cakes from the counter but that we would be closing at 4pm. There is also a sign on the main door as you enter that states our opening and closing times on bank holidays and all our literature details our times on Bank Holidays are those of a Sunday 10-4pm.
A member of your party was happy to proceed with the order of teas and confirmed they had heard me say we close at 4pm.
At 4pm I did advise you we were now closed and if you could kindly finish your drinks. After going next door to lock up the farm shop ready for all the staff to finish their shift, I came back to find you were still sitting at the table continuing to top up your cups of tea. I again had to ask you to finish up your drinks as I was needing to lock up the shop.
I'm sorry if you felt you weren't given enough time to drink your tea, but I must stress the closing time of the shop was clearly given to you before you chose to continue with your order and again it is clearly displayed on the door of the shop before you enter.

With this in mind I find it extremely unfair of you to make such a harsh comment as poor customer service?
Regards
Sarah Annett

There are newer reviews for The Country Barn

Reviewed August 22, 2013

I had Sunday lunch with my family, three adults and five children. Fantastic service. Lunch was lovely, the only down side was the price of soft drinks for the children, which made it quite expensive. However food and staff was great.

Reviewed August 19, 2013

Lunch for 4 - sandwiches, 1 plate of chips and drinks =£34.
Quality poor, crisps stale and chips undercooked.
Shame, it used to be good. Won't be going back.

4  Thank Wonkybird
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We called at the cafe/farm shop Sunday 11/08/13 after a family picnic,not having been there before.ordered 1 latte very frothy £2.50.1pot of tea £1.99. 1 j2o £1.99.and this is the clincher 1 std.size can coke £1.75p.I asked if the price of the coke was correct to which the counter staff answered yes, we then decided as this was a greedy price to put back this can and got a refund. (What a rip off) They did state they didn't do the prices only worked there in my opinion the other drinks prices were questionable.Have these people never heard of Poundland ? our local Poundland shops at Ashington / Cramlington sell same size cans @ 3 for £1. customer exploitation comes to mind,(local chippy is only 60p)yet again rip off britain and or just plain greed.Quality cakes etc. but expensive --but the toilets were free!!!!!!!
Will not be going there again.

2  Thank hawkeyeUK
Reviewed August 1, 2013

The home made cakes here are excellent and we are always made to feel welcome. Recently we arrived at coffee time with a group of 12 cyclists and we all enjoyed it very much. Many places rely on the Sunday lunch trade and aren't too keen on cyclists just wanting coffee and cakes, but the Country Barn accommodates us cheerfully. We try to sit at a table with the view of the sea if we can. The cooked meals look great too, of couse, but are too much when you have to get back on the bike afterwards. We also use the adjacent farm shop, which has a really wide range of good stuff. This cafe is a regular haunt for us and we recommend it regularly to friends and other cyclists.