“Waiting is about NOT waiting”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Marabini's - CLOSED

Marabini's
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Brunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Morpeth, United Kingdom
“Waiting is about NOT waiting”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2013

Booked a table for 5 some 3 weeks ago for 7.30pm and was told we would have a lovely table at the back of the room waiting for us. (Fri Eve)
We all arived on time at 7.30 to be told our table was not ready and could we have a drink at the bar?
Fair enough the place was busy and sometimes that happens. What you don't expect is to be kept standing up at the bar (no seat available as taken by others waiting) for 50 minutes.
It was almost 8.30 when we actually sat down. Bad show and out of order. You expect say 10 minutes or so at most.
I was on the verge of asking the party to leave and go else where
That said, when the food came it was very good.
Would I return? perhaps, but then again I would think twice.
You either have booked a table for 7.30 or not.
I for one do not like being messed around like this.
There are other places I use in Morpeth and also book. When I turn up, I am always seated on time, so I will most likely use them first in future. (eg,The Mulan)
Food good BUT hangin around a bar for 50 minutes is not my idea of a meal out

2 Thank J4NOD

Newcastle upon Tyne
“Excellent atmosphere and delicious food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2013

This is a very busy restaurant in the middle of the town Morpeth. It has a lot of competition from the many eating establishments located in the town. Suffice to say everything about the dining experience in this restaurant was excellent. It caters for everyone's tastes. If you want a pizza or pasta dish you will not be disappointed but if you want to push the boat out and order a filet steak you will find the same results. With a very warm and welcoming atmosphere is one of the best Italian restaurants I have ever eaten in. The Calzone Pizza is a restaurant speciality and absolutely superb. I will guarantee you will find a food tasty and very filling and the portion sizes are perfect. I have visited this restaurant many times and I have taken friends and colleagues along to it and they themselves have also been extremely impressed. A very strong recommendation and endorsement. Overall, superb service, excellent food, good selection of wines and a very warm and welcoming atmosphere. You will not be disappointed!

1 Thank Karatedoc
Amble, United Kingdom
“Food is always very tasty and very reasonable!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2013

Have ate here several times but haven't reviewed before, after having a lovely meal last night I thought it was time I commented!

The rod is always very tasty and such good value for money especially happy hour which is 5pm - 6.30pm weekdays, 12pm - 2pm at weekends. We arrived about 6.15pm but there wasn't a table available, the manager (I think) said we could have drink in bar area and a table would be ready in about 20 mins and we could still have the happy hour price....£4.95 for most pasta & pizza dishes! We shared the chicken liver pate starter, very tasty and enough for two people we thought,I then had the Penne Marabini, very very nice, quite spicy! My boyfriend had the Pasta Polpetoni....I can recommend this too as I've had it too......***BEWARE *** very garlicky!! We each had a glass of red wine and the bill was £24, which I don't think is bad at all.

All the staff are very friendly and helpful and the restuarant is decorated very nice.

It always seems to be quite busy so it's worth booking especially if there is a large group of you!

Enjoy :)

1 Thank amesthomp
England
“THE best Italian Restaurant in Northumberland”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

Myself and my family have dined in many Italian restaurants in our County and I cannot praise Marabini's enough. The food is always second to none, the service is impeccible, the value for money is excellent and the atmosphere is always so friendly & non-pressurised. The seating area is light and bright and tables are just the right distance apart. There are always excellent 'specials' to be had and the staff make you feel very welcomed whether it's your first visit (witnessed many times!) or if you are a regular.

Recommended for families, couples, groups, special occassions (they ALWAYS make the effort to ensure it IS special), business lunches and even a quite bite on your own - you will always feel comfortable & relaxed.

If you have never been - try it, you will not be disappointed!!

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank dre4m-on
Newcastle, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2013

Dined here not so long ago. Very busy restaurant. Food was amazing and service very quick and good. Perfect Italian restaurant.

1 Thank kayleigh s