“Great food and an extensive menu”
Review of Mulan

Mulan
Ranked #17 of 116 Restaurants in Morpeth
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed September 9, 2018

I'd visited Mulan many years ago after it first opened and wondered if it would live up to that first experience. I'm pleased to report that it did! I don't often eat Chinese food because it can be difficult to find decent places that don't just serve up gloopy dishes with no imagination - Mulan is definitely a cut above the usual offer (I'm in Northumberland so we are not spoiled for choice!) Plus I had invited a friend from Bolton who is spoiled for choice being able to enjoy the delights of Manchester. So I definitely worried about choosing the right place! The service was prompt and as soon as we sat down a bowl of delicious prawn crackers were provided and drinks arrived super quick. We had the Mulan starter that included sesame prawn toast (divine!!), Spring Rolls (choc a bloc full of tasty chicken), sticky BBQ ribs (heavenly) and chicken skewers served with a sweet and sour and satay sauce. We shared a Mulan platter for the main including slices of crispy Chicken with plum sauce, King prawns with kung po sauce and cashew nuts, crispy beef and pork with seaweed, garlic and pepper. We shared egg fried rice (don't be too ambitious if you have a starter as the portions are generous!). I could have eaten the lot, my taste buds were telling me to go on...but my belly told me I'd had more than enough! Hopefully my return visit will be a bit quicker next time around. I would recommend booking as it was full by 8pm.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank NorthumberlandJulieR

Reviewed September 1, 2018

Nice position overlooking the river but lacking in atmosphere if not a weekend. Shame the menu does not change and there are no specials to alleviate the boredom.

Food quality is good and well presented, Service can be slow but the staff are very amiable. Its the only Chinese restaurant in town but that's no reason for lack of ambition. Woud go again but I am now somewhat bored with the menu choices.

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Table booked for 6 p.m asked if we could have a window seat . We were advised to book window seats but the gentleman co ordinating percured is a table beside the window . We opted for a sharing platter which was simply delicious . My main was crispy beef again very nice , my wife had duck it came served in a pineapple she fully enjoyed it but had to leave some as the portion was very generous.Not cheap but well worth s try . Pleasant surroundings and cheerful polite staff.

Reviewed August 27, 2018 via mobile

Spent a lovely evening with friends here. Delicious food, good atmosphere and friendly staff. Would definitely eat here again.

Reviewed August 25, 2018

What a fantastic recommend this place was for us, the food here is fabulous. Very fast service and friendly staff on hand to help. Well worth the taxi ride and we all had an enjoyable evening

1  Thank MULCASTER2