2,183 results
All reviews dobson restaurant the pub evening meal wedding party main restaurant lovely hotel cocktail bar spa facilities spa break lovely grounds executive room cream tea black pudding one night stay following morning both nights short break
Selected filters
Reviewed September 24, 2016

The building is lovely, but looks a bit tired. The bathroom door was chipped and the seats in the drawing room were a bit worn. More flowers or ornaments would improve it. The lockers in the spa need to be updated.
The room was good, a fridge would have been nice. The swimming pool and spa area were very good.
Breakfast was appalling and the service was dreadful. The 3 people on duty obviously couldn't cope with the numbers and didn't have a system. We were eventually shown to a half laid table but forgotten about. When the table who were placed fourth after us received their breakfast before we'd been asked what we wanted I had to complain. As we hadn't been given menus on arrival I assume the waiters didn't realise we were still waiting. Once we had ordered the food came quickly and was excellent. However the buffet also ran out of food and there was no offer of refills of tea/coffee. Our table had jam and honey but no marmalade, when I asked for some I was given a jar...of apricot preserve. The table next to us stomped off in disgust at the lack of eye contact and absence of a refill. This soured the whole visit and puts us off returning although we visit Northumberland every year

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Denis F, General Manager at Macdonald Linden Hall Golf & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2016

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for bringing your breakfast experience to our attention. May i offer you my most sincere apologies for this momentarily lapse in our service standards.

On the said morning, our team found themselves overwhelmed and i must assure you that this was primarily due to a team member being taken ill and no alternative cover available at short notice.

I understand that this is in no way consolation for your experience but i hope it can go some way in demonstrating that these are not usual standards.

I hope this will not have deterred you from ever visiting us again.

Reviewed September 22, 2016

clean, comfortable but over-priced and lacking style/quality of interiors in main accommodation area, low quality spa facilities/services, good location and surroundings, food average, breakfast nice however

1  Thank H6513MY

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry that you did not feel the experience lived up to your expectations.

I have made notes on your comments and where we can make immediate improvements, rest assured that these will be implemented immediately.

I sincerely hope that you will return to Linden Hall in the future and that we will have a chance to welcoming you again.

Reviewed September 20, 2016

i went for a spa day, and afternoon tea. the venue is old and worn, and the service isn't great. i am pregnant and could have a massage and the staff were not overly accommodating, and ended up getting my nails painted - which isn't great either
the afternoon tea was nice, but the service was very slow
id not go back

• Trip type: Traveled with friends

Dear Reviewer,

Please accept my most sincere apologies for the standard of service you were supplied with whilst visiting our Spa. it is not in keeping with our ethos and i only wish i would have been made aware of your discontent during your stay so that i could have done something to better the day.

I can only hope that you will allow us one day the chance to redeem ourselves in your eyes and that we will prove to you that we can deliver the experience you were rightly expecting from us the first time.

Reviewed September 19, 2016

Stayed only one night fortunately..Beautifully situated but otherwise pretty grim.Room dark & dingy.Window frame falling apart with towel stuffed between top & bottom-? to hold together/keep draughts out but definitely not able to open so room warm & stuffy too.Very quiet but mattress so hard & bed creaked loudly with every movement that fitful night sleep.No fridge in room led to difficulties keeping medication cool.One helpful member of staff the rest indifferent & not one person asked us during our stay if everything Ok or not.
Meal in Linden pub worst we have ever had anywhere.Breakfast in main hotel OK but limited menu
The only double room available when we booked was 4 poster so we were happy to pay extra expecting a slightly more special room -were we in for a surprise -not even up to the standard of a cheap budget hotel & at £250 pounds much more expensive.
Please stay elsewhere ,eat better & avoid being ripped off!

Room tip: Stay elsewhere
1  Thank Jacqui101

Dear Reviewer,

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at Linden Hall.

I am very sorry to learn that your stay did not live up to your expectations. We do work hard at delivering the stay our customers expect but on some occasions such as yours, we can get it wrong and i can only offer you my most sincere apologies for the lapse in accommodation and service standards you experienced.

Some valuable lessons have been learned from your feedback and I can assure you that it has not gone ignored.

We hope you will allow us the chance to redeem ourselves in the future.

Reviewed September 16, 2016

Good value but the main restaurant being closed during the week didn't work for my wife and I. The pub menu didn't impress us. The golf course was good but the bunkers could do with some TLC. The breakfast was freshly cooked which is quite a novelty. Our room was very big and the toiletries were of good quality.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Denis F, General Manager at Macdonald Linden Hall Golf & Country Club, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2016

Dear reviewer,

Thank you for taking time to post a review.

I am pleased that you impressed with our staff and standard of amenities.

I am sorry that you did not feel the Linden Tree lived up to your expectations.

We hope that we can welcome you back in the near future.