We have been for a wedding and although the building itself was beautiful the food at the wedding was extremely dissapointing. The vegetables was a combination of over cooked and undercooked, the meat was cold and fatty. The starter was ok but lukewarm, the dessert was classed as a brownie but it was more like a refrigerator cake. The wine was ok. The room was ok but the carpet stained. It had a sloping roof so when my partner got out of bed he kept hitting his head. We were only there one night otherwise I would have asked to be moved.The staff were professional but not overly friendly. We had not booked breakfast but after eating the meal we were pleased as otherwise to spend £17.50 after that meal we probably would have cancelled as it probably would not have been worth it.
Also the hotel automatically add £1 onto the bill for a charity donation that the chain 'supports'. This is not advertised or spoken about, however I noticed it and queried the rate and that is when they told me. There is leaflet attached to the card that you sign but they just handed the card with the leaflet attached and said to sign here, here and here. I know its only a £1 but its the fact that they do it without a verbal request and its automatically done for you and unless you read it and verbally opt out, no doubt in a reception it makes you slightly uncomfortable that you are seen as not been very charitable. I am chartiable and I choose my charities and donate on my own terms not because a hotel chain I am staying at for a wedding decides thats who I should donate to.
I had a look at the cost of the weddings there and no way on this earth was what we saw and experienced worth half of that!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The impressive Macdonald Linden Hall Golf and Country Club was built by merchant and banker Charles William Bigge in 1812. Today, it nestles in 450 acres of private grounds: the perfect country house hotel. Boasting several versatile function rooms and an 18-hole golf course, it's the perfect venue for business events. Our stunning Northumberland countryside location and award-winning food and drink are ideal for weddings too. If you want a relaxing break in the country with extensive health club and spa facilities, not to mention luxurious accommodation, come to Macdonald Linden Hall Golf & Country Club. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your Macdonald Linden Hall Golf & Country Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Linden Hall Golf And Country Club
- Macdonald Linden Hall Golf & Country Club Hotel Longhorsley
- Macdonald Linden Hall Hotel Country
- Macdonald Linden Hall Golf & Country Club Longhorsley, Northumberland