“Little oasis in middle of nowhere”

Sandwiches @ Millars
Reviewed October 4, 2018 via mobile

Millars at Longhorsley
The store that fills the gap
For when you need that one thing
They have it there on tap
Whether it be media, food or
items for house cleaning
Drop in to see Jan
She has the product that you're needing.
The opening that it keeps
May not always be to your tune
But regardless of their shortened hours
They will be open again next day soon !
So when you need a paper
A bottle of vino, or some bleach
Oh and definitely try their sarnies
If in the area, just go on, make that reach !!
Millars of longhorsers.. there when it matters !

Date of visit: October 2018
Write a reviewReviews (9)

Reviewed September 5, 2018

This was my first time here and I'm pleased I went.
The building is all shop and the seats are table/bench style outside.
I was surprised by the size of the sandwich menu but I already knew what I wanted - a bacon sarnie which was very nice with lots of bacon. Made quickly, as well.
I also had a custard slice which was also very tasty.
Those 2 items plus a mug of tea came to £5.20 so no problems with the prices.
A very pleasant experience!

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed May 9, 2018

Called in here to order our daily paper for our weeks holiday down the road and what surprise! No making packed lunches now. The pasties and other baked products were superb (particularly the corned beef bites) lots to choose from freshly baked daily and all at reasonable prices. The service was also excellent, really helpful and friendly. If you are anywhere near you must call in. I would be seriously overweight if this was my local! (I think that counts as a recommendation!

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed October 18, 2017 via mobile

Well worth a stop at the Longhorsley village shop. Friendly service and plenty of tasty sarnies and pasties for those passing through. Takeaway cuppa too. Nice for bikers and walkers as the owners have cafe tables outside for well earned rest.

Date of visit: September 2017
1  Thank rubyandmedogwalking
Reviewed September 4, 2017 via mobile

Stopped off on the way home from a week in Wooler for breakfast butties, thanks to a recommendation. We all agreed they were the best butties we've possibly ever had. Probably a good job we live in Yorkshire so I can't pop in here every day!!! Other sandwiches available and a great selection of cakes. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: September 2017