“Very Disappointing”

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Very Disappointing”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

My daughter, daughter-in-law, and myself visited the spa on 21st. April, it was a rather expensive package deal. Upon arrival the building itself looked like it was used as a storage place rather than a Spa! not appealing at all. I have to say when we did enter, we were met by two of the masseurs, they were lovely, and very good at their job! the massages were absolutely relaxing, and enjoyable. The decor was tatty near the Jacuzzi area, and the aromatherapy room was not at the temperature it should have been! The lounge area would have been more appropriate for a business lounge - not very sumptious or relaxing if you wanted to just enjoy a good book! Unfortunately, when the receptionist did appear, she was not in the least welcoming! she only smiled as we were leaving- a bit late in the day, lunch was included in the package, my daughter and myself ordered the same, only to be told that it was not available, we had to choose something else (with a choice of four main meals you would have thought that they could keep up with stocks!) This was a treat for me, and I don't think that the spa itself came anywhere up to the standard expected. Only the two young ladies saved the day, which is a shame considering again I have to mention the price.

Visited April 2013

Northumberland, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“Close it. Strip it. Paint it.”
Reviewed April 4, 2013

Very relaxing and staff excellent. Building water damaged. Steam has resulted in large flakes of paint hanging from the ceiling and rotting external doors.

Northumberland, England
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 58 helpful votes
“Spa facilities packed into a small space”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Visited with a friend on Groupon vouchers, that included two treatments each. The spa is small, but manages to fit in jacuzzi, steam room, sauna, aromatherapy room, foot spa and invigorating shower, as well as a dining room, lounge and rest area. The person on duty at the desk was welcoming; the staff who provided treatments were very professional in their approach. Our vouchers included drinks but not lunch, which cost £15 each for two courses - not cheap, but the food was tasty and well presented (and the sandwich choice was very generous!). My previous spa experiences have included a pool, and I missed that. Apart from that, however, I think that the set up here is as good as is possible in the space. Given the proximity of others, one is rather dependent upon who else is there, to create a calm atmosphere, but the rest room was certainly a peaceful space. There are magazines provided, but you may want to think to take a book. There are no clocks once you pass out of the reception area - good if you want to try to stop clock-watching! I am not sure of the price without vouchers, but worth considering at the Groupon rate, if you don't mind the absence of a pool.

segedunum78
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 55 helpful votes
“Cramped, dirty, overpriced - TERRIBLE”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

I visited with 4 friends last week and what an experience! It's overbooked, cramped, dirty, vastly overpriced and a stressful experience. we couldn't wait to get out of the place. The staff don't care, the food was bland and the portions were tiny, The £15 bottles of wine are on sale in ASDA for '3 for a tenner' and the slippers, robes and towels are threadbare. Do yourself a favour and don't bother.....it's shocking.

sunderland
“SHOCKING SPA. SHOCKING STAFF”
Reviewed March 4, 2013

Purchased 3 spa day passes with 2 treatments on groupon for £49 each. The images on groupon and longhirst website make this spa look fantastic. ANYTHING BUT. You expect to go to a spa day and feel spoilt. We were given huge filthy slippers which has already been used. When we asked for clean ones you would think we were asking for gold. 3 members of staff we working the day we went. 2 of them are in the total wrong job. A smile goes a long way. Totally unwelcoming and everything was such a effort. Lucky i got Gill for my treatments which was the only member of staff who done her job properly and professional. The women who answers the phones, tops up the milk ect has the total wrong attitude. Her attitude and face are not approachable at all. The spa its self, is tiny. You can be done in 30 mins. I would not advise anyone to go here for a nice relaxing spa day. With the place been so small we spoke to all other folk there and 95% of them felt hugely disappointed like we did.

Been to Decoro Spa? Share your experiences!