“A lovely experience”
Review of Manor House Hotel

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Holy Island
Manor House Hotel
Ranked #6 of 9 Holy Island B&B and Inns
Vlaardingen, The Netherlands
“A lovely experience”
Reviewed May 22, 2014

Room was on the second floor, overlooking the bay and Northumberland on one side, and Holy Island on the other. Stunning!!! Beautiful location. Breakfast: very good, staff extremely friendly and helpful.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Scotland
Reviewed May 11, 2014

This is the third time I've stayed here, and always on business (leading a course on the island) which means that I need a place that can deliver everything on time so I can keep to the schedule. This hotel delivers. Food is good at all meals, and served by pleasant staff. The bar area offers an attractive and comfortable space where you can enjoy conversations as well as food and drink, and the garden outside is a pleasant eating space when the weather is fine. The bedrooms that I've been in have all been of a high standard, and are kept clean (including bathrooms, which isn't always the case in more fancy hotels). The island itself is a wonderful place to visit, steeped in history and wildlife, but accommodation is pretty limited so don't assume you can show up and automatically find a place without advance reservations. And of course you have to beware of the tides and only drive across the causeway when it's safe to do so. Don't expect a hotel on this sort of island to be the same as some boutique hotel you once stayed at on Hawaii (and I've been there as well!), but this one matches its environment, and is in the best location of all with the castle out the window on one side and the priory on the other.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
3 Thank Theologyprof
Reviewed April 23, 2014 via mobile

On Easter Sunday we stopped outside, on the picnic tables, to have a bite to eat. As a vegan there was little I could have....but I accept that as its my choice to be vegan.

The outside dinner menu said they had hummus and pita bread. As it was lunch time (not dinner)I thought I'd ask if I could just get a bit of hummus and an order of chips. While inside ordering I started to ask and before I finished the man behind the bar said, "No. That's the dinner menu."

I don't know if he thought I was going to argue with him or what but I went to ask "So I can't get a bit of just the hummus? " and before I could get half way through the sentence he spoke over me and said "No, its not available".

Complete dick.

Do yourself a favor and go to the Crown and Anchor next door.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
7 Thank murphy710
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

I visited as a result of this having been the 2nd night stay by Ewan and Charley on "Long Way Down".
The hotel is excellent, clean and tidy and excellent value.
The restaurant for dinner was great, again very good value and local produce used.
Breakfast was perfect.
The hotel has perhaps the best spot in the village. It has it's own parking area. Views from the hotel are fabulous.
The staff are a credit to this place, they are all excellent. A super stay - thank you - I will be back !

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
4 Thank RichardsTravels
Bournemouth, UK
Reviewed March 11, 2014 via mobile

Firstly I have to admit that when I found out every hotel on the island was exactly the same price, I smelt cartel and this happens to be a pet hate. Surely you should charge what you think you are worth and this hotel was not worth £120 per night. Room was very clean but everything in there was of poor quality especially the bed. We had a very poor night sleep due to a very poor quality, cheap, soft mattress, which we ended up dragging on the floor to give it some stability. Service was excellent from attentive staff members and evening meal was pretty good. My issues with the room and bed were not shared with the management. Why? Well it's nice to be asked if you enjoyed your stay or if everything was ok. If you are not asked then just come away and give your review on trip advisor. My advice in Lindisfarne is to definitely visit if passing, but try stating somewhere off the island.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank rickinblackUK
Corbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Having stayed in hotels all over the world, this one stands out as having the best room with a view I have ever stayed in. The welcome was warm, the staff friendly, the food to a high standard and the room excellent. If the bed was in front of the big bay window, we never would have got out of it.

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jack-UK-62
Airdrie
Reviewed February 19, 2014

Spent Valentine's night here recently with friends staying in the Master Suite. The room was spotlessly clean and well appointed with good sound system and feature fire but no heating in bathroom. There was a heated towel rail but this did not work and management took no action to get it operational. Also breakfast was only between 8am and 9am with checkout at the early time of 10am and by the time we returned from breakfast heating in the room was off altogether. Good menu choice in evening with good food and very friendly service. Great breakfast and service. Staff were great but management could be more attentive to guests. There were empty boxes lying in the hallway leading to the kitchen which didn't give a good first impression. With a little effort on the part of management could be a really good hotel

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Eat & Sleep Lindisfarne
The Lindisfarne Inn
The Lindisfarne Inn
#14 of 46 in Berwick upon Tweed

Been to Manor House Hotel? Share your experiences!