“Great food, nice atmosphere”

The Crown and Anchor Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 10 Restaurants in Holy Island
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We had a great evening meal here. There was a good choice of options. Being by the sea we both opted for a fish based dish and weren’t disappointed. The staff were also very friendly and welcoming

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (359)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had a great ploughmans lunch and captains table platter. Worth the price. Just be aware lunch finishes at 2pm.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife enjoyed her salmon and tagliatelle. Sadly, my haddock and chips was very disappointing - the fish tasted bland and watery and the batter was not crispy. A poor choice.

Date of visit: September 2019
holyislandcrown, Owner at The Crown and Anchor Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Our fish is fresh caught and cooked every day 365 days a year. We sell on average 150 fish and chips each week. I’m glad your wife enjoyed her salmon tagliatelle.

Reviewed September 9, 2019

The effort that goes into the food in the C&A in unparalleled. It is relaxed, tasty food with lots of options for varied dietary requirements. I am not usually a fan of dessert as there often isn't anything that I can have due to my GF dietary requirement but I was torn between 3 gorgeous choices at the Crown and Anchor - all using seasonal ingredients. Almost all the options were GF or DF friendly - not something you see often. Staff are friendly, cheerful and make you feel really welcome. The restaurant has a cosy atmosphere and the beer garden is perfect on a fine day.

Reviewed September 6, 2019

We were on a cycle ride and stopped at the Crown & Anchor for lunch.
Matthew (12) had the Plough - board of meats, cheese, pickles & bread * recommended
Sam (12) had a burger with chips, which he devoured
And I had the crayfish tails in marie-rose sauce.
With a couple of bowls of chips and everyone was happy.

Date of visit: August 2019