The Walls Bed and Breakfast
$110
$90
Queens Head Hotel(Berwick upon Tweed)
$117
  • Breakfast included
Travelodge Berwick upon Tweed(Berwick upon Tweed)(Great Value!)
$58
Agoda.com
$173
$160
$116
All reviewsswan roomhonesty barfish cakesguest loungecoffee machineoverlooking the riversky tvfresh fruitgreat hostsnorthumbrian breakfastattention to detailsmoked haddockbeautiful roomgeorgian housebreakfast was excellentwarm welcomekippers
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We stayed here for a couple of nights on a short break. Fantastic B&B right on water front. We stayed in the Tweed room which overlooks the water and saw the seals fishing for the salmon.Lovely spacious room, nice and quiet with all the usual extras.The breakfast was very good plenty of choice from a full breakfast to cereals and toast etc. The hosts were very welcoming,nothing was too much trouble and also reccomended where to eat and drink. If you want a bottle of wine for your room you can help yourself from the fridge and there is an honesty plate so you can just help yourself, I would highly recommend The Walls to anyone as it is a good base for all the attractions. So if you are going to Berwick please consider this wonderful B&B.

Room Tip: We would recommend the Tweed Room for its great views.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank pixie472
Reviewed August 30, 2012

The Walls is in a fabulous location, right on the Quay Walls, overlooking the River Tweed and Berwick's 3 bridges: you could spend all day sitting in your room watching the changing light and fascinating bird population.

Eric, Suzanne and Gemma are lovely, welcoming hosts. Their breakfasts are superb, freshly cooked, with plenty of variety. Everything was lovely, but I would particularly recommend the fishcakes with poached eggs and the Chain Bridge honey.

Our room - The Tweed - is on the first floor. It was spacious, clean and comfortable. I was a little worried that the bed would be too soft for me, as I am used to a firm mattress, but it was very comfortable. There is also full Sky TV, which you don't usually find, even in much more expensive hotels. The bathroom has plenty of shelf space and a good-sized, powerful shower.

There is a nice lounge, with an honesty bar. We didn't use it, but it's always reassuring to see an honesty bar - I think it says a lot about the hosts and the guests.

There is a long-stay car park in front of the B&B, which costs £3.50 per day, or a short-stay car park at the back, which is free for 2 hours. Eric & Suzanne have a parking permit they can lend you.

A perfect place to stay, highly recommended.

Room Tip: Fabulous views from The Tweed room.
2  Thank Bluesprout61
Reviewed August 29, 2012

Having enjoyed a previous visit we were happy to return & delighted to find that the very high standards of accommodation, food & hospitality were maintained.
if anything there was an improvement on perfection as "clip-on" book lights are now provided so late readers accompanying light sleepers cause no problems!
While relaxing in the luxurious guest lounge we found lots of literature about the town & surrounding area.
We are now checking our diaries to work out a date for our next visit.
Thanks, Suzanne, Eric & Gemma for all that you do to make this such a special place.

Room Tip: No need for a tip - simply make certain that you go & stay there! As mentioned all floors in this Georgian property are "quirky"!
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We stayed one night in August 2012. Found it after a bit of a wander as it foxed our sat nav and it is walking access only being as the name suggests on the city walls. Really nice. Made most welcome and was asked what would we like for breakfast the minute we got there. This is so they could go and get it for us if we wanted fresh fisk for example. As I had only had fish for breakfast that morning I didn't want it again so I went for traditional. I almost wished i hadn't when I saw the wonderful fresh fish someone else there had the next morning but my traditional bacon eggs etc was quite the best I have ever had in one of these places - unmatched in fact.

The accommodation is everything one would expect and the location is great with nice views across the river Tweed.

Room Tip: Go for the first floor rooms as they have a better view of the river.
1  Thank mousie401
Reviewed August 16, 2012

What can I say, except - this was a perfect stay. Beautiful B&B, inside and out - spacious, super comfortable, wonderful views, great location, impeccable decor and so on. The breakfasts were delicious: Home made fish cakes on day one. Full Northumberland breakfast on day two. Yum to both. Eric and Suzanne - the owners, were simply wonderful. In fact, they made our stay! They were welcoming, friendly, funny, great company and did everything they could, and more, to make sure we enjoyed our stay to the utmost. I would absolutely recommend this place to everyone - assuming you can treat them with the same friendliness and respect that they show their guests :)

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple