All reviews bbq hut communal kitchen fire pit shower block toasting marshmallows wig wam electricity cards craft centre crazy horse run around cooking facilities working farm rainy day fairy lights communal areas small fridge on site restaurant
Reviewed October 4, 2011

My daughter and i had a fantastic 2 night stay at Pot-a-doodle-doo. Very friendly and helpful on arrival and thereafter. Weather doesn't matter when you've got a wooden wigwam to stay in, with electricity and fridge. Lovely breakfasts in the restaurant to start the day then off for a day on a great beach, wetsuited up the sea and rock pools were our play ground, shame it was so flat calm, boogie boards stayed in the bag. Lovely to be able to go back to the site and have excellent shower facilities and the comfort of our wigwam 'Niagra' to welcome us. I was surprised at how warm and pretty well sound proofed the wigwams are, we played our music at a good level and when we tested the volume from outside you could not hear it, which is good for the neighbours. For me as the packer and tent putter awayer, what a bonus it was, despite the torrential rain, to be able to load up the car and not have to worry about putting away a wet tent. We will always camp but are now wigwam converts. I would, and have already done so, recommend this site to others and will definately be coming back.

Date of stay: September 2011
1  Thank EdinburghMandM
Reviewed September 10, 2011

The people that own and run this site really need a course of customer service/customer care and if they dislike customers so much perhaps they should find another business to run!

Date of stay: August 2011
Trip type: Traveled with family
12  Thank Daveygrohl
njw123, Owner at Pot-a-Doodle-Do, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2011

I am sorry that someone has felt the need to write this report. We always try to give our customers the best service we can and have people who come back to see us year on year. We feel that customer service is very important both through ourselves and our staff and can only apologise if anyone has been offended in any way.

Reviewed August 10, 2011

I stayed for 2 nights in July with my 10yr old grandson. Despite the weather we had a great time. My grandson particularly enjoyed toasting marshmallows over the "open" campfire. A clean well tended site and ideal for families. I particularly liked the family shower rooms - ideal if you have young children. There is a small shop and a restaurant on site but they close early and the shop doesn't stock essential items like bread - it's more of a gift shop!

A good experience and I would definitely go back.

Date of stay: July 2011
Reviewed June 3, 2011

We arrived just after 5 there was no one there no information as to where to go for keys etc .We stopped in a 14ft yurt very very basic no rugs as stated ,3 candles to last us for 3 nights ,futons didnt fit properly ,the wood burner couldnt be shut down so any wood you put on just roared away up the chimney and you have to pay extra for the wood .Showers every morning were freezing ,there is a shared kitchen area with one cooker not good at all when theres 3 families wanting to make a full english breakfast on a saturday morning. Ive been camping for years stayed in various places all over ,on sites just like this one but never been more disappointed a waste of your hard earned money .

Date of stay: May 2011
10  Thank lis1234019
Reviewed May 16, 2011

We travelled as a large group of 60 people we had a brilliant week end! The site was in a lovely location, the facilities where ideal, clean shower blocks and toilets, excellent large kitchen fully equipped but by far my favourite thing was our accommodation. It is so much nicer than a tent, the beds are comfy, a heater to keep you warm(that did nt cost a fortune to run) and a fridge, we loved the whole experience! I would really recommend using the bbq huts especially if your with a group of people they where an ideal place for us to all gather! The staff are very helpful and the group we went with used the quad bikes which they really enjoyed! Good value for money!

Date of stay: May 2011