Queens Head Hotel
Whyteside House(Berwick upon Tweed)
$107
The Walls Bed and Breakfast(Berwick upon Tweed)
$127
$105
The Cobbled Yard Hotel(Berwick upon Tweed)
$94
$110
$90
No 11B Boutique(Berwick upon Tweed)
$107
The Lindisfarne Inn(Berwick upon Tweed)
$122
  • Breakfast included
YHA Berwick(Berwick upon Tweed)(Great Value!)
$54
$49
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Kings Arms Hotel(Berwick upon Tweed)
$116
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
Parade School Guest House(Berwick upon Tweed)
$113
Travelodge Berwick upon Tweed(Berwick upon Tweed)(Great Value!)
$58
Travelodge
All reviewsfruit bowllovely little hotelsmall hotelfish piebiscuitshotel restaurantreal alelovely mealextra toucheskippersthree nightsan evening mealtwin roomattention to detaillittle gemcomfortable bedsstayed one night
Reviewed December 7, 2012

We found the Queens Head quite by chance - a midwinter drive north through driving snow to Scotland needed a well-earned stop to replenish and rest. Leaving the A1, we headed through the festively lit town before chancing upon the Queens Head.

The warmth of the greeting inside (and the cosyness of the bar) was quite at odds with the bleak cold outside. A relaxing refreshment before being ushered into a tasteful dining room, closely followed by the arrival of a very generous and beautifully presented dinner. Great flavours and assured cooking restored us before we reluctantly set foot outside for the remainder of the frozen trip north.

I very much hope that we'll return soon - hgihly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Abercorn
letsgoawayonholiday, Owner at Queens Head Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2013

Hi there, much appreciated for your king review & pleased your chance stop over was an enjoyable one & hope to see you both in the not too distant future. Many thanks again

Reviewed November 11, 2012

ROOMS, I stayed in 3 rooms in my 2 & half week stay, all were of the same high standard, mattresses & pillars were comfortable ensuring a good nights sleep, linen clean & fresh every day. All rooms had a power shower, flat screen wall mounted TV & free wifi.
FOOD, breakfast & evening meal were first class using locally sourced meats, i would highly recommend the fillet steak & fish n chips, the wine was reasonably priced & served at the right temperature and the would even keep your bottle in their fridge with your room number on it for another night which i felt was a nice touch.
STAFF, alot of them had worked there for over 10 years which is credit to Gary for making it a good place to work, all were offering a very high standard of customer service.
To sum my stay up I stay at Guoman Tower Bridge Hotel & the Birmingham Hilton Metropole every year and taking all of the above i would rather stay at the Queens Head every time.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Richard N
letsgoawayonholiday, Owner at Queens Head Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Many thanks Richard for your review which was complimentry of all the aspects of the business. Its important that we are always trying to improve our business & listen to what our customers have to say either verbally or through our the bedrooms in the questionaire or comments book. We are very conscious when business people stay as free broadband,room service, space to work on, power shower & comfortable beds are of standard practice & what they expect. Were in a fortunate position as most businesses in the town use our establishment which has a reflection on them. We hope to see you in the future either on business or purely pleasure. Many thanks again.

Reviewed October 12, 2012

I'm currently staying at the Queenshead hotel on a business trip and to say I've been pleasently surprised by my accomodation would be an understatement. The reception was very warm and friendly when I checked in and although the hotel had only been booked hours earlier everything was ready upon my arrival, mid afternoon. The rooms are large and provide all the extras you may require for a stay including a collection of toiletries, a range of hot drink options, fresh fruit and even a tub of Jelly Beans (a little touch but possibly my favourite!) Although the rooms are located above the restaurant I have found the rooms to be peaceful and quiet with no noise creeping upstairs from the obviously successful restaurant.

The evenings in the hotel bar and restaurant are certainly enjoyable ones. All staff are very friendly and will bend over backwards to accomodate your requirments. The food which, I sampled for the first time last night was exquisite and will certainly be dining in the restaurant again before the end of my stay.

I would happily recommend this hotel to anybody staying in The Berwick Upon Tweed area on either business or pleasure and will certainly come back on a leisure break with my two young children.

A wonderful hotel with wonderful staff!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Kathryn D
letsgoawayonholiday, Owner at Queens Head Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Many thanks for your great review Kathryn. We do our utmost to ensure all our customers enjoy their stay wether its on business or strictly pleasure. The old cliche 'you are only as good as your staff' rings true. We hope to see you back in the spring with your children. Many thanks again.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

My wife and I stayed here for 4 days a few weeks ago. It was her 1st anniversary of coming to the UK. Staff were friendly and helpful. We stayed in room 6 which was very comy. Breakfast was superb; my wife enjoyed the full English breakfast every morning and I had the lovely kippers. We only had 1 evening meal as we were doing a fair bit of traveling; food was very good. My wife says it was one of the best meals she has ever had.
I would recommend this hotel 100% for anyone thinking of a wee trip to Berwick.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank freescotland

Many thanks for your positive & complimentry review. We are pleased you enjoyed your evening meal & the kippers in the morning , which are smoked locally. We hope to see you both in the future & continue to live up to your expectations. Thanks again.

Reviewed September 27, 2012

We stayed 3 nights and could not have been made more welcome by Garry and Joanne. Our room was small but warm and comfortable with fresh fruit and bottled water supplied. Dinners were prepared individually and were exceptional. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank David S
letsgoawayonholiday, Owner at Queens Head Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

Many thanks for your great review David. We are pleased we exceeded your expectations & hope to see you both in the future. Thanks again