“Very tasty food, good vegetarian options”
Review of El Taperio - CLOSED

El Taperio
Cuisines: Moroccan, Spanish
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Reservations
Description: El Taperio welcomes you to come and try our twist of spanish/ moroccan food. All freshly cooked and authentic, Head Chef is from morocco and moved to spain at a young age to cook, hence the fusion of cuisines. Open daytimes for coffees, cakes and lunches & evenings for evening meal. Offering a range of Tapas, tagines, Paellas and other dishes typical of these 2 Beautiful countries.
Reviewed March 30, 2013

My husband and I happened upon this little restaurant and had a lovely lunch. Not a huge choice on the menu, but good veggie options and the food we ordered was delicious. I had the veggie paella and was not disappointed. The service was excellent, very welcoming and attentive but not OTT. We will be coming back and will try an evening dinner next time. Had thought we would be needing to go to Edinburgh for good restaurants but have been pleasantly surprised by what's on offer in Berwick. Just needs a good pizzeria now!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We arrived Saturday evening (23rd march) and were seated by the waitress. The smells coming from the kitchen were mouthwatering and both myself and my partner couldn't wait to see the menu!
I had the mushrooms in sizzling garlic oil and my partner had the crusty bread topped with Parma ham and fresh tomatoes as a starter and i must say they were both absolutely gorgeous, fresh and full of flavour! For the main we had the lamb casserole with Cous Cous and the trio of tapas, absolutely fantastic, large portions, melt in the mouth tender meat and a recipe I would pay for!!
There were a few tables seated aswell as myself and my partner and although the waitress whom was busy and had her hands full was still very welcoming and friendly towards us, nothing was too much trouble for her and she done her job to an excellent standard!
Complimentary fresh warm bread to accompany our meal and a complimentary shot with the bill.....served by the chef himself was a wonderful touch!
Will definitely be recommending to everyone I know and will most certainly be back to enjoy the amazing Spanish/Moroccan cuisine!
Fab experience, wonderful food, warm friendly atmosphere and fantastic staff.

Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stumbled across this restaurant and booked on a hunch and so glad we did. The food was absolutely beautiful, I had the Spicy Morroccan Lamb with Cous Cous, my companion had the Lamb Kofta and we sampled a couple of the desserts after. The young lady who served us was a delight, very friendly and chatty and knowledgable on the menu. Would definitely recommend and would visit again if I am in the area. Well done guys!!

1  Thank Pork_Scratching
Reviewed March 13, 2013

Small, welcoming restaurant in town centre with benefit of free parking nearby in Bridge Street car park. We chose the daily special of a selection of 3 tapas which consisted of Patatas Bravas (lovely saute potatoes with a spicy tomato sauce), Lamb meatballs (gorgeous) and chicken paella (a little bland but a good foil for the spicy sauce with the meatballs). £11 each for the tapas selection but other cheaper options on the menu. A very good bottle of House Rioja completed the event. We would definitely go back.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

We called into El Taperio on a cold windy Thursday night (tonight 7th march)and were given a table in the window the restaurant was quite but slowly a few more tables were filled.The waitress serving us explained all the menu and we ordered 3 tapas to start which were all excellent, goats cheese with honey,sizzling prawns and meatballs. Followed by a seafood paella and a fish casserole that my wife said was superb. My wife ,my 11 year old daughter and myself had a great time and would recommend this small friendly restaurant to anyone staying in Berwick or just passing through.The complementary drink at the end of the meal made by the chef was too nice to pass up so we had another asked for the recipe and will make it at home.Thank you both for a great meal to end our stay in Berwick.

1  Thank DamoYork_England