“Hard to beat”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
“Hard to beat”
Reviewed March 28, 2013 via mobile

On a recent visit to Berwick I chanced to call in at No7, and was very impressed by this delightful family run establishment. There was a superb choice of meals and sandwiches, and for the sweet toothed, a fabulous range of cakes and other treats. Before I headed home to the sun, I was lucky enough to enjoy an evening meal there, more delicious food and a great choice of wines. Discovering No7 certainly made my stay in the town all the more enjoyable, and I would not hesitate to recommend it to anyone! A little gem of a place and a credit to Berwick upon Tweed. Well done to Sarah-Jane, Brogan and the rest of the team.

Berwick upon Tweed, United Kingdom
“Had high hopes...”
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Unfortunately, I wasn't so impressed with Number 7.
Popped in with a friend for a coffee and cake in the early days of opening and i'm sorry to say that it wasn't too good. My coffee was one of the strangest I've had, it was just an Americano, but seemed and tasted a bit burnt with a powdery foam around the edges. Cake wasn't too bad but could've been better.
My friend had lunch and she seemed quite happy with it and I have to say it did look nice.
The only other thing that put me off was the fact that there was only 4 large tables in there so the new customers walking in had no-where to sit, making me feel like I had to rush what should be relaxing out of centre café catch up with my friend.
Despite of this, I will go back and support a small business and hopefully they have changed their coffee machine filters.

• Visited November 2012
“Best in Berwick”
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

One of the best coffee shops in Berwick,service is above and beyond that puts the coffee shops/restaurants in Berwick to shame.Can't wait to visit again for lunch.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great coffee n Cakes”
Reviewed March 27, 2013 via mobile

Popped in for coffee and cakes. Really nice coffee. Fab cakes.
Nice little cafe just over the olde bridge into tweedmouth.

Darlington, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“lovley coffee shop”
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Called in No7 for a snack after a long walk. The pork meatball sandwich was fantastic, and the welcome was great. We were impressed enough to go back for breakfast later in our stay, and had a fresh cooked breakfast. Only dissappointment was that there was no white chocolate scones when we were there as they looked fantastic on the Facebook photos. Will definatley go back next time we are in Berwick :)

• Visited March 2013