I'm writing this review as I advised a friend of mine to stay at Marshall Meadows recently and they took note of only the bad reviews on Trip Adviser and decided against it.
My colleague and I were lucky enough to stay here as part of a trip taking 12 carers away for a break last year. All 12 of them still rave about it. It was a fun and relaxing break for each person there and every single one of the 12 have told me that they were made to feel special and very welcome and, in their eyes, would all give it more than 3 stars..
The rooms were excellent, the staff were very attentive and friendly and couldn't do enough for us. The food was gorgeous and the owners David and Robert were lovely. I would not hesitate to thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marshall Meadows is an authentic Georgian, 3 star country house Hotel, standing in around 15 acres of peaceful grounds with sea views. It is uniquely situated just outside the historic town of Berwick-Upon-Tweed only a stone's throw away from the A1 crossing point of the Scottish Border. It is, therefore, both the first and last hotel in England depending upon one's point of view. The hotel is believed to date from the mid 18th century and provides the perfect setting for a relaxing break, discovering the attractions of border country or for the more adventurous numerous coastal and inland walks and cycle routes, great golf courses and fishing on the river Tweed. The hotel comprise 19 letting rooms, in addition to a main bar, residents' lounge, restaurant, large function area and music room, conservatory and terrace overlooking a large well manicured front lawn. Entrance to the grounds is via a tree-lined driveway flanking a wooded stream. The rear of the hotel overlooks a farmyard, paddock and walled garden. The location allows easy access to the main town, Northumberland Coastal attractions such as Holy Island and Alnwick Castle, National Parkland and the Scottish Border Regions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Marshall Meadows Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marshall Meadows Country Hotel
- Hotel Marshall Meadows Country