Firstly,this hotel and the package was under priced and I have paid a lot more for much less.
A fine Georgian mansion house that has been well maintained and the public areas are excellent with open fires. The restaurant and bar were full of character and enjoyable to be in.
The food was fresh and different and the hotel uses a lot of local farms for their produce. The food and wine choice was excellent with local fish produce a good choice.
Hotel room was clean and practical with everything you need including a bit of character. Large room with view of the north sea in the distance.
So why 5 stars, Many hotels can give you the above however the owners have managed to make you feel special and with every member of staff we met continuing with this theme it makes for a happy break. The break I took was a last minute decision and from my initial enquiry to my leaving the hotel I was treated extremely well and will be back sometime in the future.
For dog owners especially: Excellent hotel with great walks and all hotel staff are a joy to deal with.Thanks for a great couple of days
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marshall Meadows is an authentic Georgian, 3 star country house Hotel, standing in around 15 acres of peaceful grounds with sea views. It is uniquely situated just outside the historic town of Berwick-Upon-Tweed only a stone's throw away from the A1 crossing point of the Scottish Border. It is, therefore, both the first and last hotel in England depending upon one's point of view. The hotel is believed to date from the mid 18th century and provides the perfect setting for a relaxing break, discovering the attractions of border country or for the more adventurous numerous coastal and inland walks and cycle routes, great golf courses and fishing on the river Tweed. The hotel comprise 19 letting rooms, in addition to a main bar, residents' lounge, restaurant, large function area and music room, conservatory and terrace overlooking a large well manicured front lawn. Entrance to the grounds is via a tree-lined driveway flanking a wooded stream. The rear of the hotel overlooks a farmyard, paddock and walled garden. The location allows easy access to the main town, Northumberland Coastal attractions such as Holy Island and Alnwick Castle, National Parkland and the Scottish Border Regions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Orbitz, Cancelon, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets and Evoline ltd so you can book your Marshall Meadows Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marshall Meadows Country Hotel
- Hotel Marshall Meadows Country