We spent 3 days here and thoroughly enjoyed every minute. This is a lovely hotel and ideal for a short break as it is so comfortable and quiet it is easy to forget everything else going on. We stayed in room 7 which was very comfortable having been recently refurbished. The food was excellent and served in a friendly manner, promptly delivered, hot and tasty. Ollie & Bruce looked after us and did so royally. The bar was warm and cosy with good beers and wines on offer.
We had an afternoon of sun and I spent a pleasant time sitting outside on the peaceful patio using the free wifi on offer - sadly not common in many hotels.
David, the owner, has made great strides in taking this hotel forward over the last year. He took a lot of time out to make us feel welcome and give a history of the hotel and his ambitions for it over the next few years. I wish him well in achieving these high standards.
We walked the coastal path which was lovely despite the weather. The golf courses David arranges are excellent value for money - I particularly enjoyed Eyemouth though there is a bit of climbing on the second 9!
All in all a fine few days and good value for money. Rest assured we will be back David
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Marshall Meadows is an authentic Georgian, 3 star country house Hotel, standing in around 15 acres of peaceful grounds with sea views. It is uniquely situated just outside the historic town of Berwick-Upon-Tweed only a stone's throw away from the A1 crossing point of the Scottish Border. It is, therefore, both the first and last hotel in England depending upon one's point of view. The hotel is believed to date from the mid 18th century and provides the perfect setting for a relaxing break, discovering the attractions of border country or for the more adventurous numerous coastal and inland walks and cycle routes, great golf courses and fishing on the river Tweed. The hotel comprise 19 letting rooms, in addition to a main bar, residents' lounge, restaurant, large function area and music room, conservatory and terrace overlooking a large well manicured front lawn. Entrance to the grounds is via a tree-lined driveway flanking a wooded stream. The rear of the hotel overlooks a farmyard, paddock and walled garden. The location allows easy access to the main town, Northumberland Coastal attractions such as Holy Island and Alnwick Castle, National Parkland and the Scottish Border Regions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Evoline ltd, Priceline, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and Hotel.de so you can book your Marshall Meadows Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marshall Meadows Country Hotel
- Hotel Marshall Meadows Country