“Ok free day out”

Chain Bridge Honey Farm
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

For a free day out, it's not bad but if I'd had to pay, I'd've been a little disappointed. The bus outside which has been converted into a cafe, is fab however :)

1  Thank auntysassiebetty

Reviewed August 29, 2013

I'm a local who lives a few miles from the Honey farm and have been going since I was a child. I hadn't been in years but decided to go as my boyfriend was visiting from Edinburgh. So we walked down to the chain bridge and entered the visitors centre. It was just how I remember it being, you get a strong smell of beeswax and sweet honey which is so pleasant and unique. You can see the bees behind glass (try and find the queen!) and buy an assortment of beautifully made candles and honey. There is the cafe which I had never been to before which was brilliant. It is situated on a double decker bus! Great service and the sunny day made it a great day out, my boyfriend really enjoyed it. For me it was more a nostalgic visit! Worth going along whether it's just as a part of a day out, a stop off or just for a cup of tea.

Reviewed August 28, 2013

I recently went with a large family party, wasn't very impressed, the children's play area were a few old looking ride on toys in a roped off area. The only friendly member of staff was a young lady in the antique shop, which is worth popping into! The worst part was the honey shop with a very horrible old lady running it who grabbed my 2 year old sons arm hard and literally snatched a plastic tasting spoon out of his hand muttering something to herself leaving my son and I astonished and rather upset.
It's free for a reason if you have younger children I really wouldn't bother, will not be recommending!

5  Thank Finlay2007
Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

Went for a visit with our granddaughter busy place free to get in abit disappointed as expected to see more bees at work only one working hive also had a museum full of old artifacts very interesting but upstairs so not suitable for prams wheelchairs etc a lovley cafe situated on an old double decker bus nice coffee cakes etc a lovley day out if you like this kind of thing ..

Reviewed August 15, 2013 via mobile

Hi, defo place to go with young/middle/teenage/young/middle age/anyone, place to have basic snack and hot/cold drink and get lost in time, planed half hour stop over this afternoon on way to Berwick, 2 and half hours latter still there, tea and scones/ coffee and cake around £3 (very tasty)., loads to see and learn.