“Always stop here”

Dining options: Reservations
Washington
“Always stop here”
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My friends and I have got into the routine of calling here on our way North. Yes its a little old fashioned but the cheerful waitress makes up for this. Amazingly good and well priced food. Super scones, chutney, cake etc. Great cake, chutney scones etc also on sale to take away. Will definitely return, my friends insist on this

• Visited October 2013

Fife
“Incredible value for money - good home cooked food.”
Reviewed October 26, 2013

As a former Berwick resident, always make a point of visiting when in the area as remember this starting up. Stopped recently and had the fruit platter for £2.55. Fruit scone (with lots of nice juicy sultanas), home made jam, portion of lemon drizzle cake and a pot of tea. With a pot of hot water. Hurrah! How few cafes in the UK seem to manage this - the correct way to serve a pot of tea - unless asked. Yes - maybe it is a little bit of a time warp when it comes to decor. But I'd rather have low prices and good food. Personal choice. Will most definitely go back. Thank you.

• Visited October 2013
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
“Disappointing”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

Stopped at this Farm Shop and Cafe to take a break for a light lunch en route to Newcastle. Sadly we did not find the delightful venue described by other reviewers.
The whole place was stuck in a time warp and in very great need of an upgrade. This in itself would not be a problem were it not for the frankly poor standard of cleanliness. Everywhere could have benefited from a good scrub with detergent! Even the waitress needed a bit of TLC and a clean apron.
Oh Dear, we shan't be back anytime soon.

1 Thank MaDunx
Glasgow, United Kingdom
“Good Home Coooked Food!”
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We visited here recently with friends for Sunday Lunch. There was a choice of 3 starters, two main courses and 3 deserts. Staff friendly and food was good, but I would say keep room for the deserts, the meringue was huge! (Didn't notice a vegetarian main course option though).

• Visited September 2013
“Great value, service with a smile and the best cakes”
Reviewed September 4, 2013

My partner and I have recently spent a few days in Berwick Upon Tweed and I saw great reviews of this tea shop on trip advisor. We made a point of taking a trip here and I'm so glad we did. We both opted for their 'small' afternoon tea, which consisted of a scone: I had cheese one and my other half fruit one. They came with homemade jam and homemade chutney. We also got a slice of lemon drizzle cake and unlimited coffee, all of this for £2.55 each. The value is fantastic and is well worth a visit, even if you're not strictly in the area. I would highly recommend this gem to anyone