“Oakleaf Seniors Golf Tour”
Review of The Castle Hotel

and 1 more site!
The Castle Hotel
Darlington, United Kingdom
“Oakleaf Seniors Golf Tour”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

12 of us stayed here on our Berwick Golf Tour, for 3 days, we found this hotel Excellent, the rooms were spotless, and the breakfast was more than filling, the staff were extremely courteous and helpful, would recommend this hotel to any visiting party, G.Robson , Captain, Oakleaf Golf Club.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank gkrobo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 22, 2013

I only stayed for one night at the castle as I had some business to attend the following day in Berwick Upon Tweed. I found the hotel to be clean and tidy, there was a great choice for breakfast from cereal to a full English aswell as unlimited tea/coffe or fruit juice. The staff were very professional aswell as friendly and helpful, if I travel to Berwick Upon Tweed again I woud without question book in to this hotel!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
cheshire
Reviewed April 13, 2013

we needed a few days away to relax so we were invited by family to stay with them in scotland decided to stop in berwick for some refreshment and loved the town so decided to stay the night and having looked for somewhere to stay picked the castle helpful and friendly staff bedroom very clean and comfy food excellent would highly recommend we will be going again soon

Room Tip: our room was lovely and i would imagine all the rooms are the same
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I was on my way back from Edinburgh after a week working away and I broke down on the a1 the rac man couldn't fix my car so I was towed to the kwik fit garage in Berwick and they recommended I stayed at the castle whilst they waited for the parts to fix my car the next day. The staff were very helpful in every way the room was clean and nice and I had a great meal and a few drinks in the bar and then a good nights sleep. I would recommend the castle anyday. Thanks

Room Tip: Room 10 was nice
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 11, 2013

i was workin in the area. and stayed in this hotel. staff were very friendly and welcoming. meals and food service was great. nice open fires in the bar. the room i stayed in was very clean and well decorated. i would defiently recommend and i will be back myself next time im working in berwick. thanks to the staff and manager for a lovely stay.

Room Tip: my room was room B and that room was very nice
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Had a lovely stay at the castle hotel with my husband. Berwick-Upon-Tweed is a beautiful, historical town with several sightseeing opportunities. The hotel is conveniently situated right next to the train station and within minutes of the town centre. The staff at the hotel were extremely friendly and helpful and our room was very clean and comfortable.
Thank you for a lovely stay.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Stayed here with my Husband and son over the Easter holidays as we wanted a week away, the staff were very friendly and helpful. The room we stayed in was spotless and very nice, the food was excellent and freshly cooked. we will definitely be staying here again. the staff were fantastic with my 10 year old son. And the train station and shops are virtually on the doorstep. Thanks to all at the Castle Hotel we will see you again soon.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family