“Hospitality plus!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Berwick upon Tweed
The Anchorage Guest House
“Hospitality plus!”
Reviewed September 12, 2013 via mobile

Ian and Sandra were so helpful and were full of information and interesing tales. The house is lovely and cozy with a very bright and welcoming feel. Thanks for letting us use the parking pass on our last day so we could have the time to walk the wall before leaving.

• Stayed September 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
London
Reviewed September 12, 2013

We broke our journey here on our way north. It's an interesting house near the centre of town, evidently once a workshop. The welcome was warm, the room was comfortable and the breakfast was good. We had the option of a blanket (my wife doesn't like duvets).

Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I stopped here for 3 days & was made to feel very welcome by Ian & Sandra, they are extremely warm and friendly. even though my days were in reverse to everyone else as I was in Berwick working nightshifts so I was sleeping during the day but I still had a very peaceful sleep. Every morning after work Ian would be up making my breakfast before I went to bed which I'm extremely grateful for and it was delicious. The building it's self has an old theme about it with a modern look and it's gorgeous, I really hope my next visit is recreational rather than business. Thanks for a great stay.

A

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
England
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Two of us were on a four day cycle which took in Berwick. Really impressed by this town.The owners have renovated this old building in the centre of Berwick and will be continuing that process to create more than the current three rooms. Very comfortable, nicely appointed. A great breakfast. Surprisingly quiet at night. Friendly and attentive hosts. We did a great walk right round the old walls, along the top of the ramparts, and ate brilliantly at Foxtons nearby. An added bonus was the proximity of Wilson Bikes, who were incredibly helpful.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Washington, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This has to be one of the best B&B's I have ever stayed in. Immaculate rooms, comfortable beds, everything you need. The breakfast is out of this world and Ian and Sandra the perfect hosts. Can not speak highly enough of The Anchorage and would recommend to anyone wanting a relaxing break in Berwick.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Castle Eden, Co Durham, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 17, 2013

A lucky find; and the perfect stop off point for us traveling from Scotland, going south. A warm friendly welcome and a comfortable clean and cosy room, with all the facilities needed for a very pleasant and restful stay. All amenities were within walking distance and we enjoyed an excellent meal at the restaurant nearby, after first sampling a beer or two from a couple of hostelries in Town. Breakfast was spot on; so all in all a first class place to lay one's head, and one I wouldn't hesitate to recommend.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Great Yarmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I have got to the point in my life where no visit to Berwick is complete without spending at least one night at the Anchorage. It has to be the friendliest B&B in the UK. The location is perfect, just a stone's throw away from the Pier and dramatic coastline, two of the main reasons for visiting this wonderful town. A third reason has to be Ian and Sandra. They are like family from day one, and simply cannot do enough to make sure you have the perfect stay. The breakfast area is lovely, as is the breakfast itself. Both of these I am trying to replicate in my home but with little success!!! It goes without saying, if you are hoping to stay in Berwick or nearby visit the Anchorage. It is now very much part of my holiday plans.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends