“Always good!”
Review of The Magna Tandoori

The Magna Tandoori
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups
Description: A family run business managed by the Khan brothers. Established since 1982 serving only finest Indian food for over 30 years.Over the years we have received many awards.The the most recent award was the Cobra Good Curry Guide - voted best in the north. Open 7 days a week. Lunchtime from 12-2 and Evening 5-11.30pm. We are fully licensed with a vast array of beers, lagers and fine wines.
Reviewed February 9, 2013

Once again yet another great evening at the Magna. Always a warm welcome, stunning food and a great wine list. Service is first class and we really look forward to our visits, all round a very enjoable evening.

1  Thank castle17

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We visited the Magna on a cold & snowy Monday night in January which probably explained the absence of any other customers! We were warmly welcomed & enjoyed some of the best Indian food we have tasted. We were given complimentary coffee by the very attentive owner & we enjoyed an informative discussion with him on the town of Berwick.

The food was excellent & what was lacking in atmosphere was more than mitigated by the standard & choice of dishes. I would recommend this restaurant without hesitation & having visited many other Indian restaurants the Magna is right up there as one of the best.

1  Thank Claire G
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Been there twice in the last few weeks.

I have to say that the service is excellent and very friendly. Second time we went we had a baby and 5 year old in a party of 10 and the staff were very accomondating.

Don't expect indian food with a modern twist. It is very much a case of, it does what it says on the tin and I don't mean that in a negative way. There were no complaints about the food from anyone in our party.

Definately worth a visit and would recommend the vegetable pakura. For me, they are the best ever.

1  Thank JDNK
Reviewed January 26, 2013

If its classic food and second to none hospitality you are after than look no further than this beautiful restaurant. My family and I had a jalfezi, kurma, tandoori, and a dhansak which were delicious. This building has been beautifully restored and loved by the owners and we are so proud to have such a great restaurant as this in our town with super attentive and loyal staff! Thank you again!!!

1  Thank Zoe Z
Reviewed January 11, 2013

Eaten in this restaurant on many occasions and I have to say I cannot fault it all! The food is lovely and staff are so friendly and nothing is ever a problem! Wide variety of traditional Indian cuisine at an excellent standard! If we can't sit in we have a takeaway and it is just as good! my boyfriend and I don't eat very spicy food but when you see the more intense flavoured dishes coming out they look lovely!

2  Thank Nikki W