“Great food & service”

The Maltings Kitchen
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Under the stewardship of renowned restaurateurs David and Lesley Foxton, the Maltings Kitchen has been reborn as a chic and contemporary eatery with an outstanding wines list and an easy charm, set at foyer level in The Maltings Theatre.A simple, delicious menu is set off by incredible views over the River Tweed across the Georgian roofscape of Berwick-within-the-ramparts and the Jacobean Berwick Bridge. Perfect for a romantic dinner or an easy lunch with friends.
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Enjoyed a lovely lunch here last week - BLT sandwich with a portion of twice cooked chips, yum yum!!. Have been here several times during holidays in Berwick and we always enjoy the view over the rooftops and into the distant countryside. The service has always been great and the food excellent. Will certainly visit again, highly recommended

Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

Ate Lunch here today. Chose the cod and twice fried chips. The batter on fish was very greasy, chips okay. The tartare sauce had obviously been siting out as it was forming a skin. Service was okay but food was very average . Will give it a miss for a while.

Reviewed April 20, 2013 via mobile

Weve been to this cafe a few times and always enjoyed the lovely views over the rooftops, the really tasty and fresh food and nice quiet atmosphere. Their scones are light with a little crunch and they do a gorgeous pear and almond tart. We'll definitely be back.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

I started tonight with a crawfish salad which was was very tasty indeed, this was followed by a very succulent piece of salmon and then a cherry cheese cake which was heavenly. Service was great and would thourghly recommend.

Reviewed April 9, 2013

I have visited this restaurant on many occasions, and always found very good value for money although the menu needs updating as never changes apart from daily special. The food served has always been of a high standard and the owners/staff very friendly :-) However they have issues accepting gift cards bought for people, I was bought a £40 card by my sister who was told she had to go and buy a card then they would sign amount paid and the person who was gifted card could then use. A girlfriend of mine was visiting after her mother had died so I said I would treat her to a meal here as it is always good food, I told them I had a gift card to which the owner then questioned, I have never felt so embarrassed in my life especially infront of my friend, I offered to pay in full without the deduction of the card and could sort later especially as they knew me and know I am a regular customer, he did apologise and said it was fine my sister also went in to see to say she had paid, so even though i got a half hearted apology I have not been back since, great food but lack of trust in customers they need to put in place a better format for gift vouchers or scrap altogether, you would like to think regulars who spend good money on food and wine would be better thought of, I suggest if you have a gift voucher have it verified before ordering food to avoid insinuations of theft and embarassment.

1  Thank Alanyoung1964