“Lovely Sunday Lunch”

Queens Head Hotel Restaurant
Cuisines: European
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Most enjoyable lunch with nice surroundings and excellent service from the staff that assisted. Food enjoyed by the whole family and I would happily recommend and have a return visit.

letsgoawayonholiday, Owner at Queens Head Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 29, 2012

Thank you for complimentry review. I would like to think our Sunday lunch represents very good value for money costing £12.50 for two courses. We have a varied selection of dishes & use only the best cut of roast beef (sirloin) which is cooked to your preference served with all the trimmings & the gravy is used from stock made from beef bones. We do get busy on Sundays but I think this has a reflection on quality of produce & the price to a point! We hope to see you in the future & continue to provide an enjoyable experience fro you & your family.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

I visited the Queens Head late October. The food quality, presentation and portions were excellent. The staff, polite, welcoming and friendly. The pub/restaurant was clean, tidy and very relaxing. I would guess that daytime sees mostly visitors, whilst the evenings are mixed visitor/local. I have stayed here twice many years ago and did consider stopping over, but this was not possible.

Thanks alot for your positive review. All the aspects of our business is of equal importance from service, ambience & food which paints the overall experience. We hope to see you in the future whether residing in the hotel or sampling more of our culinery delights

Reviewed November 2, 2012

my boyfriend isn't exactly adventurous with his food so I was utterly gobsmacked when he ordered lobster! And it was exquisite! He totally enjoyed his meal!
I chose the monk-fish and it was absolutely Delicious!
The service was excellent, the food was cooked beautifully........... it was just a shame I was ill and unable to complete my meal :(

Totally recommend to anyone!

Thank you very much for your kind words on your review. We use only local sourced seasonal produce & you were suprised your partner had the lobster thermidor! The thermidor sauce is a complicated process going through from cooking the shell, crushing it & passing through which gives the sauce the body & then adding the rest of the ingredients. Again your monkfish was caught locally, quickly pan fried, left to rest to tenderise the meat & then served on a bed of fricasse. We hope to see you both in the future if you decide to come back to Berwick in full health time. Many thanks again

Reviewed October 22, 2012

My husband and I decided to have lunch in the Queens Head Restaurant on Friday. What a find!!! The food was excellent, the service was perfect. We were only in Berwick on Tweed for 2 days, but decided to go back on the Saturday for lunch, as it had been so good previously
We were not disappointed.
Great food, great service, great price. Attention to detail certainly pays off, we felt we were well looked after even though the restaurant was busy. 5*

letsgoawayonholiday, Owner at Queens Head Hotel Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Thank you very much for your kind words Ricky. We must of impressed you for you to return for more food the following day. We do our best in all departments to ensure our customers walk away happy & satisfied, that does not mean to say we are complacent as we are continually looking to improve our standards across the board. We hope to see you both in the future. Thanks again.

Reviewed October 21, 2012

Lovely surroundings to enjoy a wonderful meal.
I had the chicken with mushroom and tomatoes. Literally melt in the mouth chicken with amazing flavours. Sticky toffee pudding with ice cream for pudding...mmm total indulgence.

Much appreciated for your kind words on your review. We only use the best local seasonal ingredients but the dishes still have to be prepared & cooked properly. With meats it is important to let them rest as they tenderize themself when the muscle becomes relaxed. You also enjoyed the sticky toffee pudding one of my favourites too as I have a sweet tooth. Seriously though we hope to see you in the future if you are back in Berwick or the surrounding area.