“Disappointing”

Marshall Meadows Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 7, 2012

Promises of locally sourced food, traditional pub grub and much more. What was delivered was frozen, deep fried and pretty awful. When I complained after the meal my dinner was taken off the bill with no quibble, which makes me think it maybe happens quite often. Such a shame

3  Thank 123KPS

Reviewed February 27, 2012

Lovely Sunday lunches here, although you do feel like your in a school canteen, the seconds and puddings are great

1  Thank Sr200164
Reviewed January 15, 2012

It's a while since I have been but was attending a dinner hence my re-visit , it has been taken over since last time. Food , massive improvement from hard roast potatoes to an enjoyable meal , gravy was very watery but the sticky toffee pudding was delicious ! Table service was good.
Now my major picking point that let it down was the bar ...I never paid the same price twice for my drink despite having the same thing all night. Average around £3 for an alcopop but my friend paid £1.90 for an non alcoholic can of Irn Bru ! A bit on the steep side ! Drinks tariffs need to be on display at the bar clearly for the customer to see in my opinion not just made up by each of the staff who only a few of which knew how to smile !
Other than that the function room was clean , well laid out , toilets were spotless and was an ok night- better much better !

1  Thank lovesgroupdining
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Under new management with a new chef. Really good food, well cooked and attention to detail. One small complaint. Our wine was brought to the table already opened (should be opened in front of you) and was not chilled enough.

1  Thank holidaytrish
Reviewed June 29, 2008

We come to Marshall Meadows every other year when on holiday. We have been doing so for over 12 years - never again! The restuarant has become the 'Woodland Bistro'. In the past it has served top quality, locally resourced food. The food is now boringly ordinary and my husband had to saw his steak. The coffee was undrinkable. A word to the wise: if it ain't broke, don't fix it!

1  Thank Cefnybryn