“Top class accommodation”
Review of Tweed View House

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Berwick upon Tweed
Tweed View House
Whitburn, England, United Kingdom
“Top class accommodation”
Reviewed July 8, 2012

We love going to Berwick for a night out. This time however it was all the more special with our stay at Tweed View House. Very attentive to the needs of the guests, immaculate throughout, friendly and will defo' be going back.
Many thanks and best wishes to Liz and Graham xx

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Settle
Reviewed June 25, 2012

This is a "home from home" B & B, where I felt I was stepping into a home not just a house. There is a sense that the whole place is loved and cared for, like it was your own home. The owners take time to talk to you and give you all the local knowledge you need.
My room was a double, but I was a single occupant (£45), so it was quite big enough for me. Interestingly, there was a table in my room, which was set for breakfast as there is no general breakfast room; the excellent breakfast is served in your bedroom - do have the sausage, a speciality of the local butcher who has been trading since the 1790's! Because of this breakfast table, they have had to sacrifice space for a comfy chair, but they had a huge cushion affair which goes on the bed to make watching the telly more comfortable. The TV is a large flat screen and the free wifi has a good connection.
I had the windows open and didn't find the noise from the nearby trains particularly distracting. It certainly didn't keepme awake.
Should say that the bathroom is not en-suite but across the landing. A bathrobe is provided and it is a fabulously appointed room, all to yourself.
An excellent establishment.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 24, 2012

I stayed at the Tweedview for the first time. And found it very clean and ridy, very welcoming.

Liz and Graham made me and my partner very welcome. The breakfast was fantastic. X. Def stay again. X

• Stayed June 2012
Carson, WA
Reviewed November 28, 2011

During our month long visit to Great Britain, we used public transport; I think the best way to get around Britain. Tweed House is just off Berwick-upon-Tweed's High Street and just across the street from the rail station and a bus stop

I called the owner, Liz, in advance of our arrival to tell her we needed to drop our bags and leave immediately to catch a bus to Bamburgh Castle. We hadn't realized Tweed House was so close to the station until we were right in front of it. Liz met us with a bus schedule. We had 5 minutes to catch our bus. She told us to leave everything and just go. She and her husband Graham would take our bags to our room and we would take care of business when we got back. Thanks to Liz we caught our bus just in time. I want to mention here that we NEVER heard the trains from inside Tweed House. We had the convenience of them without any negatives.

I have spent a total of 3 months traveling in Britain and been from Penzance, Cornwall to Blair Athol in Scotland, and this is the first B&B where I was served breakfast in my room. Liz brought it to us on a tray and we had breakfast at a table in the privacy of our own room. We had the typical choices for breakfast. It was good, hot and served nicely. Liz is a people person and enjoyed visiting with us. On our last day she offered to serve us an early breakfast, so we could have breakfast before catching our early morning train. She and Graham were able to help us with any questions we had. If Liz didn't know, she found out for us.

Our room was clean and nicely decorated in blues. We had our own bath. We didn't have a fire, but there was an old hearth with an antique black insert that added character to our room.

If I ever home base in Berwick-upon-Tweed again, I will stay at Tweed House. I have no qualms about recommending Tweed House to you.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Excellent B&B with friendly owners. The room (double with private bathroom) was immaculate with comfortable bed. Breakfast was served in my room and it was delicious. A pleasure to be in this beautiful home.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Khamorag
Reviewed July 30, 2011

I stayed at the Tweed View House with my mother for four days on a trip to Berwick, and it was probably the most impressive B&B I ever had the pleasure of visiting.

It was spotlessly clean, spacious, with a breakfast table and chairs, a fridge, books, games and everything else you could possibly ask for. There was a wealth of information material about Berwick and the surrounding area, including bus timetables.

The bathroom was also spotlessly clean, with a range of toiletries available. Having breakfast in the room was a bit unusual, but very convenient.

The owner were very friendly and extremely helpful, and we had a wonderful time despite the decidedly mixed weather.

I would recommend Tweed View very strongly - it's a wonderful, quiet guest house, and situated very close to the railway station as well.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 28, 2011

First good thing was that Tweed View House is just a few minutes walk from the train station, so easy walk with our cases. We were made extremely welcome by Graham and Liz....really nice couple and cheery! Which you don't always get. We were shown to our room and first thing i noticed there was no smell...usually you get a musty smell..the room was so fresh. The room was extremely clean and you could just smell the fresh sheets from a distance..ah heaven! Everthing is there that you need...i enjoyed the magazines. The en-suite immaculate also. The room was very quiet even though it is near the station...bed comfortable so i slept like a baby.

Breakfast was very tasty..perfect I would say. There is nothing i can fault with this B&B. Would go back at the drop of a hat!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple