“Great place - wish I had found it sooner!”
Review of Gasparro's

Gasparro's
Description: Authentic Italian restaurant using the finest Italian and local produce.
Reviewed March 24, 2019

Gasparros is a charming place for casual dining with great food at reasonable prices. We booked as a group and despite the restaurant being quite busy we found the service friendly and efficient.

I ordered the crab bruschetta which surpassed expectations. So often when ordering shellfish in restaurants the result is an expensive, mean portion but this was very generous and absolutely delicious. I could happily eat it every day! Aubergine parmigiana for main course was also a delight. Tasty tomato sauce and creamy topping with baked aubergine that still had enough texture to keep it interesting. Puddings looked delicious but as I had already had two courses I restrained myself. I now wish I had just gone for it and had a third course as my friend gave me a bit of her brownie and it was one of the best brownies - if not THE best - I have ever had.

1  Thank CatHome1
115115115, Owner at Gasparro's, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2019

Thanks for visiting and for your review. Next time you will have to have your own dessert!

Reviewed March 24, 2019

My husband and I were going to the Maltings to see the Lindisfarne Story (this immediately gives an idea of our age!) and wanted to eat before the show. Gasparro's did not disappoint. The service was excellent, we needed to finish our meal pretty promptly, and this was not a problem. As he was driving my husband did not try the local beer which sounded very good but was described as "variable" in strength - he will next time we go! We shared an excellent ante pasti, then I had the aubergine parmigiana and my husband had the quattro stagioni pizza, which he said was delicious - "a very good pizza". I don't normally eat a dessert, but I couldn't resist the caramel pane cotta. All told a excellent meal, with prompt attentive service in a cosy little restaurant. We saw a couple of people trying unsuccessfully to book for Saturday night, but it was full, so I would suggest it is wise to book well in advance.

Date of visit: March 2019

Many thanks for your review, glad you had a good time and still made your show at the Maltings. Thanks for visiting.

Reviewed March 22, 2019

Booked here on the recommendation of the nearby B&B owner during a brief break in Berwick.
Had a starter of crab bruschetta. Absolutely delicious. Could have easily cancelled my mains choice and eaten the crab again. Loads of crab in a light creamy and chilli sauce with drops of a basil dressing.
I did not cancel my mains of pork ragu. This was also very nice but not up to the standard of the crab starter - a very high bar.
Aussie merlot with the mains made a delightful combination.
Service was as attentive as was needed in a small restaurant.
May you go from strength to strength.

1  Thank kenbpfell
115115115, Owner at Gasparro's, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2019

Many thanks for your review. Glad you really enjoyed the crab bruschetta, its one of our most popular dishes. Thanks for visiting.

Reviewed March 17, 2019 via mobile

Gasparros never fails to deliver a really enjoyable, great value meal. Went at 6pm before cinema and all done for 7.15 so timing was perfect too.

Date of visit: March 2019
115115115, Owner at Gasparro's, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2019

Many thanks for your review and glad you made it to the Maltings in time. Thanks for visiting again.

Reviewed March 14, 2019 via mobile

I’m not happy at leaving a bad review, but customer service seems to be non existent at Gasparro’s. I phoned on Tuesday evening to book a table for the Thursday. Left a message on the answer phone with details. It was our wedding anniversary so we wanted a nice place to eat. Never heard anything back from Gasparro’s, so phoned again on Thursday morning asking them for confirmation, again no contact. We turned up on Thursday evening to find the place shut, what is going on? The web site states open on Tuesday to Saturday. We are local and previous customers, so are somewhat bemused by this lack of service. Perhaps Charlie or Sarah could let me know why this has happened.

Date of visit: March 2019
115115115, Owner at Gasparro's, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2019

Hi John, thanks for your review. It is very disappointing to receive our first terrible review after three years of trading. I left a message on your wifes mobile phone this afternoon before this review was published, I hope she has received it. We did not receive your message on our machine on Tuesday, several people have had a similar issue so going to replace the machine. We are closed on Thursday through the winter and have been for last 5 months, hence I did not listen to your wife’s message until today (Friday). I am very sorry you had a wasted journey and hope you found an alternative restaurant. I accept our website needs updating however we have the correct hours on display in our window and on tripadvisor. Personally I would never turn up to a restaurant without a confirmed booking.