“It's OK”
Review of Craster Arms

Craster Arms
Ranked #1 of 8 Beadnell B&B and Inns
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Recently stayed in a holiday cottage in Beadnall where previous guests had praised the Craster Arms in the visitors book. On the strength of this we called for a meal, expecting great things. We were disappointed. The hospitality and friendliness of staff and guest were great, the lager and red wine were good but, sadly, the food was no better than ok. I would call again for a drink but not for the food.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Patricia J

Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed right next door so the Craster Arms was very convenient.
Interior nice, spacious & clean. Staff friendly & helpful.
Portions were large & usually couldn't manage everything. The Craster meat pie was very good. I didn't think the fish was particularly good but my wife loved it & a neighbouring table were also saying how good it was.
Desserts were a little disappointing. Just some generic frozen stuff & expensive.
All in all we enjoyed it, eating there 5 nights out of 7

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Stayed in Beadnell for a week and went to the Craster Arms twice for evening meals.What more do you need in a local pub,dog friendly bar area,real ale (EPA very nice),large portions of good quality food and friendy staff.Would definitely return if in this area again and recommend to others.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 25, 2012

If you are looking for accommodation on the coast in Northumberland we cannot recommend The Craster Arms Hotel at Beadnell highly enough. Very friendly staff and owners, extremely comfortable rooms, local food superbly cooked and presented. Large garden with beautiful flowers. The owners are very dog friendly and have reserved an area in the restaurant where they are very welcome. We stayed for two weeks and wished it could have been longer. Thank you to everyone at The Craster Arms once again and hope to see you again.

Room Tip: "All rooms are good".
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 24, 2012

I've known the Craster Arms since 1974when a pub lunch was sausage in a basket. Things have moved on a bit since then. As we were a large group we booked in advance with no hassle. Some pubs wouldn't let you do this for a bar meal. The selection was excellent and very good value for money. I went for the Roast Beef which melted in the mouth. You order at the bar but food is delivered to table and staff were very attentive. Full marks ! A great Sunday Lunch ,great atmosphere and obliging staff.

Room Tip: Meal only for us, but really tempted to book a weekend away
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed at the Craster Arms for a night before moving on to a family wedding. The room & bathroom were very accommodating with a good decorating standard, with a lounge area, fridge and large wall TV. Could do with larger towels, as within another review. The owner staff were very friendly. Food very good quality too - especially a very tasty and 'mansize' English breakfast. The pub is popular and we found it to have a good atmosphere. The village of Beadnell is quite secluded, despite being quite near the caravan park, and a visit to St Ebba's church is well worth it - very peaceful. The beech is totally unspoilt. Beautiful countryside all around. Recommended.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Wrongly I suppose, I don't normally take the time to leave good reviews, only bad ones when bad service or rude staff etc annoys me enough to leave bad feedback to let others know to avoid but this pub truly deserves to be recognised with a good review for its above average friendliness and service as I thought they went beyond what I would expect on more than one occasion - hence this review. We were staying at a Self Catering Cottage opposite the Craster Arms pub so it was handy for us to make a visit to have a meal but after our initial first experience we ended up eating there another 2 nights and having just a drink on a 4th night over the week. On our first visit we were struck by the warm friendly welcome we got from ALL the staff and nothing seemed to be too much trouble plus the food was excellent and each time we went in we got the same friendly treatment and the same great food. They have Free Wi-Fi AND, as a dog owner who can't understand why pubs turn away much needed business from the estimated 30% of the UK population who are dog owners, they also have an area where you can take your dog AND enjoy one of their great meals. On a couple of mornings, even though I wasn't staying there (the pub is a hotel too), I rather cheekily asked if I could check the weather using my Laptop using their Wi-Fi and was pleasantly surprised not only to be invited in but on more than one morning to be also offered a cup of coffee by the Manager whilst I sat in the bar with the hotel guests eating their breakfasts - maybe it was just northern hospitality but I thought that was such a nice gesture and goes a long way in my mind to making me feel very welcome - again, hence this good review. As mentioned, the pub is also a hotel and whilst I personally can't comment on the hotel side I can only say that the comments I overheard from the guests staying there during breakfast whilst I was using the Wi-Fi were all good. My brother owns a successful pub and I know just how hard they have to work to keep it successful so all I can say is the staff at the Craster Arms deserve their business to do well. Paul Thwaites

Room Tip: We didn't stay there so cannot comment
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Floydhead1
Also consider these accommodations in or near Beadnell
Dunstanburgh Castle Hotel
#3 of 8 in Beadnell
Longstone House Hotel
Longstone House Hotel
#19 of 25 in Seahouses

Been to Craster Arms? Share your experiences!