TripAdvisor
Bamburgh
Post
Inbox
Search

“Best seafood meal for a long time”
Review of The Potted Lobster

The Potted Lobster
Ranked #1 of 15 Restaurants in Bamburgh
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had a fantastic meal here. We booked late so could only get in at 8.45 but it was worth the wait! The food was amazing, the staff looked after us well and the atmosphere was welcoming and relaxed. It is definitely to be recommended

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (949)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We ate here last year and really enjoyed our my. We were not disappointed on our second visit. I had the chowder to start and it is amazing. I highly recommend it. We both decided to have lobster for our main course. It was excellent, however with so many fabulous fish dishes to choose from it is very difficult to decide.
Can’t wait to eat here again next time we are in Northumberland.

Reviewed September 17, 2019

Well, I booked here due to my seafood loving friend, she was not disappointed, I could see the joy in her face when her monkfish arrived. She had previously told me it was her favourite dish, and this seemed to cement her favouritism. I had the fish fingers as I'm really not a fish lover, they were delicious and well presented. Would I come back here again, if I was with her, definitely, she ate her meal with such gusto, I would certainly pay to bring her that delight once more.

Date of visit: August 2019
Reviewed September 16, 2019 via mobile

We decided to have a long lunch so booked for 1230. Seafood platter to share was chosen and it lived up to and exceeded expectations! Having eaten platters at the world famous Doyle’s in Sydney and more recently in the South of France I can honestly say that The Potted Lobster was easily as good. Quantity wise it was more than we could manage and as a 6ft 6’’ guy with an enormous appetite that’s saying something!
Do not think you can manage a starter as well.
We will be returning on our next visit in June 2020 and it will be booked as a priority!
Try it. You will not be disappointed unless you turn up and it is fully booked!

Reviewed September 15, 2019 via mobile

Had a wonderful meal here this weekend to celebrate my wedding anniversary. Food was delicious and the service was first class.

Fantastic little restaurant and cannot wait to return