“A Northumberland Treasure”
Review of Bamburgh Hall Farm

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bamburgh
Bamburgh Hall Farm
Ranked #6 of 8 Bamburgh B&B and Inns
Canada
“A Northumberland Treasure”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I cannot imagine more kind and thoughtful hosts than Charles and Barbara, and the house itself is a one-of-a-kind treasure. Delicious and generous breakfasts, log fires, a vase of fresh cut flowers in the bedroom, the bleating of sheep drifting on the breeze through the open window from the field just behind the farm, the North Sea in the distance... if you are looking for warm hospitality in peaceful surroundings this is it.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Orford, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 2, 2013

My thunder has been taken by the three previous complimentary reviews I have just seen on this page and with which I heartily concur. We two, who regard ourselves as the epitome of athletic manhood and the Corinthian spirit if a little past our sell-by dates and a tad corpulent, had arrived on bicycles having been held back by strong north easterly winds. Perhaps we looked a little worse for wear but were skillfully revived by the administration by Barbara and Charles of a medicinal tot in front of a log fire. Later we found a slice of home cooked flapjack in the comfortable bedroom. It was also a treat to find a good size shower in the bathroom.
The whole experience was just a joy and all thanks to our hosts.

Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
West Yorkshire
Reviewed April 29, 2013

If you are looking for a modern, corporate, soul-less stop over then don't stay here! If, however, you are seeking an escape from this mad modern world then Bamburgh Hall could just be the oasis you require. Barbara and Charles are the most welcoming and caring hosts you could wish for and their home provides a glimpse into an almost forgotten time of log fires in the parlour, fresh eggs from the hens outside the back door and creaky floorboards. We felt like family guests, invited for a stay in the country. You won't find a TV in your room, or Wifi, but you may find homemade flapjack and fresh flowers from the garden.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank cobbybrook
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed March 2, 2013

The most wonderful overnight stay. Charles and Barbara made me feel so comfortable - with great breakfast before my long distance run and a packed lunch for afterwards. Incredibly quiet. Simple and clean rooms with delightful atmosphere.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Jeroen W
Lancaster, United Kingdom
Reviewed February 21, 2013

I enjoyed a snowy weekend stay at Bamburgh Hall Farm in later January 2013. Although I was the only guest I was treated to the warmest of warm welcomes: log fire burning in the guests' sitting room, tray of tea, toast & cake to welcome me. It's a charming, very comfortable place to stay. Barbara and Charles treated me like a personal guest rather than as someone coming to a BnB. And the most amazing value for money. I can't wait to go back and take some friends with me.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
London
Reviewed January 13, 2013

One of the best BBs I've stayed in. Barbara and Charles make you feel like you are one of the family, and are exceptionally generous hosts. My friend and I were given separate rooms, each with en-suite, even though there were twin beds in each. Sweet treats and fruit were left in our rooms every day, a table overladen with complimentary drinks to which we could help ourselves stood in the corner of the wonderful guest lounge which was heated with a log fire in the evenings. Breakfasts were sumptuous - grapefruit, poached pears, cereals, full English, local jams and wildflower honey comb - served in the fabulous dining room, where we sat at the end of a long table. Nothing was too much trouble for Barbara and Charles, and one morning, Barbara made us a wonderful smoked salmon kedgeree as I am not a fan of the full English - delicious! We felt completely spoilt. The house itself oozes character and atmosphere and we felt like we were characters in a fairy tale - especially as the fabulous Christmas lights were still on, strung up among the trees of the village green opposite the house.

Would definitely stay again if we are in lovely Bambrugh again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 9, 2012

We loved our stay in this atmospheric old house! We are touring the UK, and were looking to get away from somewhat soulless hotel accommodation that we had previously encountered.

The welcome was friendly, and we were offered tea, shown into a beautiful room with a real log fire. The massive old walls of the historic house and the beautiful old-fashioned decor, together with the unfailing hospitality and cheerfulness of the owners, felt very refreshing to us. Put altogether with the extraordinary setting of Bamburgh castle and beach, we were treated to a stay in Northumberland which was definitely the highlight of our two month UK tour.

It was perfectly obvious after barely two minutes in the house that the way of life of the owners goes contrary to the current of slightly unnatural perfectionism that we encountered in hotels and Bed & Breakfasts elsewhere on our travels. It was not an immaculate house, but it was clearly cleaned on a daily basis. The carpets were definitely not new and fashionable, nor were the beds - but all was comfortable and well cared-for, and we slept wonderfully, appreciating the quiet surroundings. The cooked breakfasts I chose were not low-fat, calory counting affairs, but substantial farmhouse food - I do not think that the tasty sausages and bacon that I was served could be easily obtained in a supermarket. My wife sometimes preferred a light breakfast, and there was always a good selection of cereals and toast with plenty of local jams and honey.

We were shown the second floor rooms, but chose a first floor bedroom because the adjoining bathroom had a shower, which we prefer to baths.

We are keen birdwatchers, and found that our host Charles was also an enthusiastic birdwatcher and local conservationist, with valuable local knowledge.

We do therefore warmly recommend this farmhouse as a great place to experience the wonders of Northumberland.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank graham r
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bamburgh
Waren House Hotel
#3 of 8 in Bamburgh
Links Hotel
Links Hotel
#14 of 25 in Seahouses

Been to Bamburgh Hall Farm? Share your experiences!