“Never had a bad stay”

and 1 more site!
The Sunningdale Hotel
Ranked #1 of 8 Bamburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed February 20, 2014

I have been staying at the Sunningdale for many years on my annual trip 'up North' and never had a bad stay. Great location, so many interesting places to visit nearbly, boat trips to the Farne ISlands with Billy Shiel, Bamburgh, Alnwick and Lindisfarne castles and Beamish Victorian museum. The staff were welcoming and friendly as always, it feels like coming home. The food is delicious, especially the breakfasts, proper Bamburgh bangers that set you up for the day.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
justlikejamie, Owner at The Sunningdale Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2014

Dear Catherine B,

Firstly, let me thank you for taking the time to write a wonderful review. We have enjoyed working with your group for many years and hope to do so for many years to come. To be able to accommodate such a variety of groups, including yours over the years has been a real treat for us.

We'll see you all soon

There are newer reviews for The Sunningdale Hotel

Reviewed February 20, 2014

The Sunningdale lived up to our expectations in every way. Rooms were spotless, staff friendly, brilliant location, service and food were excellent. We ate in the restaurant both nights and it didn't let us down. The Seabass was one of the best meals I've had in a while. If your lucky enough to stay here I would definitely recommend eating here at least one night, you won't be disappointed.
Breakfast was equally as good.

We had a fabulous 2day stay in Bamburgh. The North East Coast is beautiful and we will be back.

• Stayed: February 2014

Dear Temple 2787.

Many Thanks for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our hotel. We are beginning to gain a good reputation for our restaurant food. Our new restaurant staff are taking our customer service to a new level. I'm so pleased that you had a wonderful experience. Please look out for our special spring and autumn deals.

Many Thanks once again

Reviewed February 20, 2014

I simply love this hotel and this is the third time I have visited. Sadly, this year it was on my own as my husband passed away two months ago. However, coming to the Sunningdale brought back such wonderful memories; the staff were so kind and caring.

As always, the welcome and service were at the very top of what can be expected. The food seems to get better with every trip and the owners never cease to please. There is a family feel to the hotel these days as the owners have two delighful children who are so polite and loving.

My room was just right, for my needs, they just seem to know.

I enjoyed my short break and, as I am a little frail these days the staff just semed to appear whenever I needed a hand. I do miss my husband and spending time at the Sunningdale brought back some wonderful, happy memories.

Room Tip: As always, the rooms on the ground floor are wonderful.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Dear MWA,

We are so very pleased that you've decided to return to the hotel after the passing of your Husband. It was certainly a shock to us all here. Please come back and see us all again. The staff often comment on what a wonderful women you are and I'm sure would be thrilled to see you back.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Rooms clean staff friendly breakfast excellent especially the poached eggs, location perfect so many interesting things to do in area only one constructive comment the pillows need replacing,would reckon mend a stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
justlikejamie, Owner at The Sunningdale Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2014

Dear Durhamrambelers,

Many Thanks for taking the time to review our Hotel. We are so very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I've made enquiries since reading your review and purchased 100 new bounce back pillows. We monitor our feedback closely and act on negative comments when we feel that its justifiable. Once again Thank you for the feedback.

Paul.

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We stayed last Fri and sat night. The hotel is clean and comfortable and the staff very friendly and helpful. We ate in the restaurant Friday evening , I had wild mushroom tagliatelle and my husband had sea bass with mussels and prawns, both were excellent. Breakfast was very tasty and plentiful to set us up for the day. Bamburgh is a lovely quite village the hotel is a few minutes walk to the stunning castle and beach. We were lucky to have lovely weather and visited Holy Island and Craster to walk to Dunstanburgh castle, both a short drive from the hotel.We would also recommend The Beal Barn at Lindisfarne and Shoreline Cafe at Craster

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Creative123,

We are so very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. We have to agree with your that the Northumberland coastline is one of the most beautiful in Britain. We'd like to thank you for visiting us and allowing our team to make your stay a comfortable and enjoyable one.

Reviewed January 18, 2014 via mobile

We (family of 5) stayed here for two nights along with 4 other families to celebrate new year. The lady in charge had been very helpful at the booking stage to try and juggle all our room requests to make it all work. Some people wanted a family room, others wanted older children in room next door. The rooms are clean and pleasant and lots of them! This place is bigger than you think! The first night we sauntered down to eat at The Castle Inn. Great night. For New Year's Eve we ate in the dining room downstairs in the hotel and they put on a wonderful meal for us all. Children sat on their own table and after they'd eaten they chilled out/played games in the sofa area or were able to go up to their rooms and watch a film/sleep. Great breakfast too with everything you can think of. It worked really well and the owners did their utmost to accommodate us. We all thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Thank you.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
4  Thank hellsyUk
justlikejamie, Owner at The Sunningdale Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2014

Hi Hellsuk,

It was a pleasure to spend New Year with such a nice bunch of people. We're glad that you enjoyed your stay. We try our best to offer a welcoming environment. Please come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed October 20, 2013

We stayed there for one night in October with 2 dogs and really enjoyed our stay. We decided to have our evening meal there and found it to be superb; plenty of choice, local and a good wine selection, would highly recommend. We had a family room and it was comfortable, not luxurious but good value for money. Our room was at the back and had a wonderful view of the castle and the sea. My husband enjoyed the breakfast but for me as a vegetarian this was the only let down as I know many B&B's now offer a veggie breakfast, which would have made this review a 5 instead of a 4. There was plenty of parking and it was only a short walk down to the castle and the beach. The Victoria pub down the road also allows dogs and has a great log fire in the evening, well worth it for a pint! We will be definitely be returning asap.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple

Hi Laura H,

Many Thanks for taking the time to write a lovely review. We have worked hard as a team to build the hotel to the standard that we are now. We have some very good reviews for our food and I'm so very pleased you enjoyed it. I'm somewhat disappointed that you weren't offered a vegetarian breakfast as we stock a selection of vegetarian sausages. We also serve beans, tomatoes and eggs cooked to order. please come back and visit us again.

Paul

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bamburgh
Waren House Hotel
Purdy Lodge
Purdy Lodge
#1 of 1 in Belford
Marshall Meadows Country House Hotel
Marshall Meadows Country House H...
#1 of 3 in Berwick upon Tweed
The Hog's Head Inn
The Hog's Head Inn
#3 of 5 in Alnwick

Been to The Sunningdale Hotel? Share your experiences!