$144
Hillcrest House(Bamburgh)
Agoda.com
Budle Hall(Bamburgh)
Travelocity
All reviewsseafoodscallopsrestaurant with roomslemon solecomfortable surroundingsexcellent menuwine listdressing tablefantastic foodcooked to perfectionmain courselovely hotelsmall hotelgreat weekendshower roomwaiting staffsuperior room
Carlisle
Reviewed July 1, 2006

I went to stay at the Mizon Head hotel with my class from Carlisle we stoped for 3 nights when we got to the hotel we were greated at the door and showen 2 are rooms this seemed very nice we went down satirs and had are tee this was sausage potato n beens this was yummy then on the mornig the food was discrasfull it was tomato puray on toast the food was ok after that the beds where cumfy and louises manners where great i want to go back but to be able to order what i want

• Stayed: June 2006
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
New Hartley Northumberland
Reviewed March 26, 2006

We have just speant a great weekend in Bamburgh and the welcome we received at the Mizen was first class.
My husband travels all over the world and was more than pleased with the atmosphere and attention given to us and our dog. Well worth a visit.

P.S. Loads of hot water and very large baths!

• Stayed: March 2006
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
London
Reviewed December 9, 2005

I stayed recently at the Mizen head with my family and had a fantastic time. The welcome we had from the owners (Ken & Cris) couldn't have been better. They loved to see the children and went out of their way to entertain them. We also brought our dog and she was treated with the same reception.
Our dinner was great and I was pleased to see that instead of junk food for the children, there was half portions of the main menu with lots of choice.
The service was always with a smile, The rooms were comfortable and we had a long talk with Ken & Cris about the plans they have for their hotel.
Above all we felt like we had been looked after.
I look forward to visiting Bamburgh again and will stay at the Mizen Head again without a doubt.

• Stayed: December 2005
8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed November 20, 2005

We stayed at the Mizen Head Hotel with our 9 year old grandson for three nights. I am afraid it is a typically average UK hotel. The family room contained a double bed, a single bed and twin bunk bed which left little room to move about. The food was average as was the service. The best part was the fabulous weather in late August '05 and the stunning beaches and scenery. We would certainly return to Northumbria but would probably look to self-cater/eat out.

• Stayed: August 2005
7  Thank Bruce2
Reviewed November 9, 2005

My family and I had booked in for one night's Bed and Breakfast in the afternoon, after which we went for a trip. Some four hours later, at around 18:45 we returned to the hotel, where there was no hot water. We pointed this out to reception at the time, but nobody came to see us or told us what was happening. After a further hour there was still no hot water and no report. On attending reception once agin to complain I was once again kept waiting for ten minutes. The Manager then informed me that it was an old hotel, and problems like this happened in hotels all the time. I pointed out that in 47 years I had never stopped at a hotel without hot water.

I understand that things can go wrong and I guess I would have been happy with an apology, a bottle of wine and four cokes. I do not ever want to stay in a hotel without hot water unless it was exceedingly cheap. I hope that the kitchen was not lacking in hot water. I consider it inexcusable not to apologise for obvious errors.

The manager was not apologetic and suggested no strategy that might lead to our satisfaction.

We left and I took my family to nearby accomodation where we all had a bath.

If I wanted entertainment like this I would watch Fawlty Towers, I would not reccomend the Mizen Head Hotel

cc Mizen Hotel,