“Very enjoyable”
Review of Victoria Hotel

Victoria Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Bamburgh
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Stayed for 1 night, upon arrival was offered choice of rooms including upgrade to superior.
The Superior room was great with lovely view across green.
The staff were great and girls working on front desk pleasant and helpful.
Breakfast was good and plentifull.
A most relaxing break, will certainly come again

Room Tip: Superior room overlooking green
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
vicbamburgh, Manager at Victoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 15, 2014

Dear portcol,

Thank you for taking the time in writing a review, I am delighted that you enjoyed your complimentary upgrade and that you liked the views of the surrounding areas. I am also delighted that you found the staff great. I hope that the next you are in the area that you will come and visit us again.

Reviewed February 28, 2014

The room was very clean, but our standard room was a bit small. The ensuite, however, was very spacious with a bath and powerful shower. The water was also very hot. The radiator in the room was very hot and despite turning the thermostat down to frost control and opening the windows, the room seemed extremely hot, which led to restless sleep. The bed was very comfortable though. The breakfast was excellent, as was the evening meal and the serving staff and bar staff were very friendly. There are also other good places to eat in the village if you want variety. It is a good place if you require easy access to the beautiful, unspoilt coastline and somewhere not too busy. I would return here again.

Room Tip: It may be worth upgrading to a premier room if you are there for a while and require space. The stan...

Dear 59fran52,

Many thanks for taking the time in writing a review on your recent stay. I am very happy that we managed to meet your expectations from the room to the food. I can only apologise about the heat of the room and if you had brought it to our attention I am sure we could of tried and resolved the situation for you. I hope that you will visit us again when you are in the area again.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

As usual - Excellent food, service and high standards of cleanliness in the bedrooms.
Thank you to the team for making our stay very enjoyable again!
Local staff working very hard to make our stay memorable!
Thank you again.

1  Thank ric956

Dear ric956,

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us and writing your review on tripadvisor. It was a pleasure seeing the three of you again and I am so pleased we managed to keep the level of service as from your previous visits. I am really looking forward to seeing you all again on your next visit.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

First let me say this is a very nice hotel, lovely open fire very nice restaurant, nice rooms, nice food, great views. Now for the bad ! the staff. It's starts with the receptionist very unprofessional from her poor dress sense to her can not be bothered don't want to be here attitude. Was not given any sort of greeting or offered a morning paper. It cost nothing to welcome your guest ask them have they had a long journey etc etc. it's called hospitality we pay your wages. The bar staff, same again can not be bothered would rather be chatting to there colleges at the end of the bar, they make you feel like an inconvenience no ambiance no background music except the one booming out of the kitchen. We have in the past stayed at both there sister hotels in Durham they are exemplary from the moment you walk-in nothing is to much trouble happy travels.

6  Thank Txter T

Dear Texter T,

First of all thank you very much for taking your time in writing a review on your recent experience. I am pleased that you found the hotel and the food nice. I am shocked and disappointed that you found the staff not to be hospitable, I would like to apologise about this and can assure you that I have held a meeting raising your issues with the staff. I would again like to apologise and ask if you were in the area again to visit us so we can show you that we are very good at what we do.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

This is a good choice if visiting Bamburgh, or the the Northumberland coast. Perhaps not the cheapest, however the (family) room was comfortable, a decent size with nice views; and the food was of a good standard too. Most of the staff were very helpful.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family

Dear T M,

Many thanks for taking your time in writing a review on the hotel. I am very pleased that we managed to make your stay a good one whilst you were visiting Bamburgh. I really hope that if you do visit Northumberland that you and your family would come and stay with us again.

Reviewed February 18, 2014

Our room (18) was small, dark, dingy and not very clean. Dust and cobwebs everywhere, dead flies in the light shade, dirty net curtains, cracked mirror and wallpaper peeling off the ceiling. Carpets in the room and throughout the bit if the hotel we saw were dirty and stained. Awful place.

• Stayed: February 2014
6  Thank 970-mike

Dear 970-Mike,

Firstly can I thank you in leaving your review on your recent experience of the hotel. I am very disappointed that the room was not to the cleanliness you expected. I can only apologise about this and I can assure you this is not what the hotel is like. As you can see from previous reviewers that the hotel is very clean and I can only apologise. I hope that if you were to visit Bamburgh again you would give us the chance to prove our standards.

Reviewed February 13, 2014

We had been walking with friends and were going to stop for lunch at The Castle Hotel. On arrival there we were advised that as we had a dog with us, we should make our way to the Victoria Hotel.
We were welcomed and had a most enjoyable lunch of soup and a sandwich £7.95 and a side order of chips. The men had a pint of Blacksheep, which they agreed was very good, whilst we ladies enjoyed a generous glass of pinot grigio.
The waitress was very friendly and we will most certainly return

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear whispernewcastle,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent visit. I am so pleased you and the rest of your group enjoyed the food and beverages. We are the only place in the village that do allow dogs which may be surprising for how popular the area is for owners and their pets. I hope that you will call in again the next time you are in the area and hopefully stay with us next time.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Bamburgh
2 mi away
#1 of 1 in Eshott
The Hog's Head Inn
The Hog's Head Inn
#4 of 5 in Alnwick

Been to Victoria Hotel? Share your experiences!