Victoria Hotel
$128
$124
$121
Priceline
Queens Head Hotel(Berwick upon Tweed)
$117
  • Breakfast included
1,058 results
All reviewscastle view roomsuperior roomfour poster bedjacuzzi bathbar areadog friendly hotellovely hotelevening mealsalmonsunday lunchresidents loungeone night staycomfy bedboth nightspublic areasfull englishkippers
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Stayed here over the weekend 28/29th September. We had read the reports on here but felt the majority were favourable. We arrived around 4pm on the Saturday and met by a pleasant receptionist. We stayed in a small room but it had decent facilities sufficient for our needs, it was clean and tidy.The carpet on the stair case was a bit shabby and I would describe the decor as "lived in"- however I quite like that, you felt that you could simply chill out and relax.The bar had a good selection of beers and my missus enjoyed her half of guiness. We had a meal on the Saturday night which was really good staff serving us were helpful and friendly. Breakfast was a Full English and set us up for the day ahead. We weren't told to help ourselves to the cereals but not too fussed. The hotel is in easy reach of nearby sight seeing musts, Lindisfarne and Seahouses (for Farne islands). Bamburgh itself is a lovely small village with a magnificent castle and beautiful unspoilt beach. Try the Castle pub (aka "The middle") its a friendly place. All in all a good place to stay. Might be a little pricey to some but worth a punt.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
vicbamburgh, Manager at Victoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 8, 2013

Dear stalyvegasblue,
Thank you for taking your time in leaving a review on your recent stay. It is always a pleasure to read review like yours. I am pleased that we managed to make your stay a comfortable and enjoyable one where you felt you could just relax and chill as this is what a break should be. We are very lucky with the tourist attractions right on our doorstep and we are definitely a great location for those travellers wanting to go and explore the local attractions. I hope that when you next visit Bamburgh you will choose to visit us again.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

I booked for a two night stay and after reading trip adviser was a little apprehensive, in fact I tried to change my hotel!! how ever the hotel was clean, with a beautiful and large room, a bit shabby chic but very homely, there was a few members of staff that could certainly do with a bit more training, however on the whole my welcome, and service given was second to none. As a lone female traveller I felt safe and well looked after, I will return with my husband and dog.. Thank you the Victoria!!!

Room Tip: shame there was no lift, and no help offered to carry my heavy case, also duvet synthetic and not pleasant!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo

Dear Denise C,
Many thanks for taking your time in leaving a review on your recent visit. I am pleased that you kept your booking with us and ignored the small minority of reviewers. I am pleased that you thought the hotel was clean and felt very homely. I am pleased that your stay on whole was second to none. I really do hope that next time you visit Bamburgh you do join us again.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Spent 4 nights in a Castle View Room. £175 a night cost. Bath taps were loose and moved about when turned. At breakfast, the morning teapot turned up with ketchup on the lid. The cooked breakfast turned up whilst we were eating our cereal. The waitress needed to be told that we had not finished what we were eating yet. We had to ask for fresh fruit to be put out for breakfast.The main stair and first floor carpet was filthy and needed a good clean. The rubbish in the bin/ashtray outside main entrance was not cleared for at least two days. Most staff appeared to have a couldn't care less attitude. We had one evening meal during the four nights, which to give credit was very nice. The rest of the stay we ate at The Wynding Inn restaurant down the road, which was very friendly and excellent. At £175 a night, our opinion is that it was overpriced.

1  Thank UnhappyCouple2013

Dear UnhappyCouple2013,
Thank you for taking your time in leaving a review on your recent visit to Bamburgh. I am very shocked at your comments regarding the hotel as nothing seemed to be right for you. I am pleased that you enjoyed the food on one night you ate with us. I am deeply saddened and would like to apologise that during a 4 night visit with us, you felt you could not have came and addressed your issues with a member of staff as I am sure we could have helped make your stay more enjoyable, instead of just mentioning this as you were leaving. Looking into your comments; the ashtrays do get full with members of the public using it as a public bin instead of its purpose of an ashtray. I apologise that your breakfast came out whilst you were still eating your cereal and will relay your comments to the restaurant staff. I hope if you do visit Bamburgh again you would come and visit us again.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

We spent 2 nights here in mid September. Had read mixed reports on this site, but when 90% judge it bas very good or excellent, you really need to ignore the 1% of tight whingers who claim it was terrible. 2 days is a short time to judge, but in that time we found it to nbe excellent value for money. A large room with probably the most comfortable hotel beds we have ever slept in.

The food was good and all the staff, without exception, were marvellous. It is a very dog friendly hotel, epitomised by their sandwich board outside welcoming dogs with well behaved owners! An important requirement as the expansive sandy beach is so popular with our canine friends.

Will certainly return.

1  Thank Robert H

Dear Robert H,
Many thanks for leaving a review on your recent stay. I am very pleased that you managed to overlook the small minority and still decide to stay with us. I am pleased that we managed to meet your expectations and made your stay with us a very enjoyable one. I am pleased that all aspects from the staff to the food were to your liking. I hope the next time your planning on visiting the Northumberland coastline you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We stayed in Bamburgh last weekend to celebrate my Dad's birthday. We had Sunday lunch at the Victoria hotel and were not disappointed. Firstly, the staff were attentive and friendly. The value was excellent...I opted for the 2 courses at £10.99 (no space for a desert). Food was quality, good portions and very tasty. I opted for carrot and coriander soup as a starter...served with warm bread, followed by Northumberland beef....delicious. I would have no hesitation in recommending the Victoria hotel....a view shared by other family members.

Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Pot&Pan

Dear Pot&Pan,
First of all thank you for taking your time in leaving a review on your recent visit. I am very pleased that you decided to spend such a special occasion with us. The team and myself really appreciate your comments as it is great motivation and proves were doing a great job. I hope the next time your in Bamburgh you do visit us again, we hope to see you in the not so distant future.