“Glororum farmhouse”
Review of Glororum Farmhouse

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bamburgh
Glororum Farmhouse
Ranked #5 of 8 Bamburgh B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 17, 2013

Returned once again to see Susan and Dave and have had a wonderful welcome. The standard of service has been top marks. The food really good. I went with friends and Susan and David made us all feel at home and nothing was too much trouble. If you ever get the chance spent time there and you will be glad you did.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 25, 2013

This is a nice cosy b&b and the owners made me and my partner feel very comfortable. It's a short walk from Bamburgh's main street and its ideal for walkers and cyclists. We also had a really nice view of the countryside out of our top floor double room.

The breakfast is award winning and you can see why.

We couldn't get the wifi to work. The owners were very approachable but we didn't bother looking into it as we only stayed one night.

We couldn't have chosen a nice b&b. I'd highly recommend this place.

Room Tip: The double room on the top floor had a lovely view
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 24, 2013

I don't usually like the idea of B&B's due to the fact I am staying in somebody else's house who I don't know. But after my overnight stay at Glororum I have changed my opinions. Susan and David (the owners) made me and my boyfriend feel very welcome. They were very friendly and really easy to talk to. I was really please with our room too. Very spacious, clean, and warm. There were also tea/coffee facilities in the room as well as Sky TV. Glororum is only a short walk (probably less than 20 minutes) from Bamburgh village, but from the research I did, this B&B was better value for money than the B&Bs/hotels in the village. Overall I was really please with my stay here and would recommend it to anybody wanting to stay in or nearby Bamburgh.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2013

Stayed for three nights with our daughter (aged nine). We were extremely well looked after by our attentive hosts. Breakfasts are excellent, but also had dinner which was perfect farmhouse cooking. Our daughter is asking when we can go back - cannot give a better recommendation.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2013

As a party of four cyclists heading towards Warkworth we were delighted to be greeted by Susan and David's exceptionally warm welcome to their beautiful tastefully decorated farmhouse.

The high standards and attention to detail which Susan and David have achieved and an overwhelming determination to accommodate their guests every need made our stay both special and memorable.

Beautifully presented exceptional-quality, home-cooked evening meal and breakfast served with such enthusiasm and eagerness to please.

Such lovely additional touches: putting our bikes away for us and getting them out in the morning, generous luxurious toiletries, home-grown vegetables, home-cooked food and home-made preserves EXCELLENT!

Very well-positioned accommodation for walking and cycling holidays. Sustrans Coast and Castles cycle route passes the door!

Wish we could have stayed longer. We will be back!

Room Tip: We occupied the top floor rooms and enjoyed a spectacular view!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 19, 2013

I booked to stay at Glororum Farmhouse as I was making a surprise visit from the south coast to meet friends who live locally. Unfortunately they had already made other plans so I had the weekend to myself. I couldn't have found a lovelier place to stay. I was very fortunate as I managed to pick a weekend where the rest of the UK was suffering torrential rain, but it remained beautifully sunny for the whole weekend.
The entrance to the driveway leading to the farmhouse is quite tight, so the first tip is to take it steady! David met me on arrival and showed me to my very spacious room. No ensuite, but to be honest I already guessed that this would be the case after reading their website. The bathroom was next door but one to the bedroom and it was huge!! Beautifully decorated and perfectly clean. I don't know if the bedroom between mine and the bathroom also had use of it because that room was unoccupied during my two day stay.
The very picturesque village of Bamburgh is just over a mile away. It is a fairly steady walk, however as they are country roads, they are fairly narrow with no paths. There is lots of road side parking in the village, and a pretty large long stay car park under the rather imposing castle which dominates the skyline.
Susan and David are brilliant hosts who couldn't do enough to make me feel welcome. David even said that if I give him about a month's notice of my next visit, I might even be able to get a game with the village cricket team, as he is involved with the club!
I didn't have an evening meal at the farmhouse as I wanted to try out the local pubs, all of which were very friendly and served some delicious food. Breakfasts at Glororum Farmhouse are absolutely delicious. Sod having fruit, like a previous correspondent sniffed about, you need a delicious hearty fry up, which is indeed what I got! It set me up nicely for brisk walks along the windswept beach, and a day on the village green watching the cricket. As well as the cooked breakfast, you also get a large choice of cereals, toast, fruit (for those picky people out there...) and oodles of Susan's home made jams.
All in all I can't recommend Glororum Farmhouse highly enough and I will definitely be back, especially if I can get a game for the cricket team!

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Tim S
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Myself and 2 girlfriends stayed for one night in August. The welcome was very friendly, the accommodation clean and comfortable and the setting peaceful. We had an evening meal and breakfast which were both excellent. We would definitely go back if we were returning to the same area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Christine C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bamburgh
Waren House Hotel
#4 of 8 in Bamburgh
Mizen Head Hotel
Mizen Head Hotel
#2 of 8 in Bamburgh

Been to Glororum Farmhouse? Share your experiences!